Author Topic: Mornington Crescent anyone?  (Read 10511 times)

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
Re: Mornington Crescent anyone?
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2008, 12:15:48 »
Sorry RT
Strange, since I must be one of the most intelligent men in the East Midlands."

As a resident of derby I can assure you there aren't any...
 :-*

I had a Saturday night out in Derby once. I think Edvard Munch must have done the same thing, just before he painted "The Scream"

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2008, 13:52:52 »
That's clearly Luton. As for the legality of the Russell Square shuffle, it was ruled passable as long as there were seven or fewer on the third team past four o'clock. Of course the Moldovan league is traditionalist, right down to rejecting both Imperial and Metric measurements in favour of Orthodox. My Auntie Dorcas has in any case since pointed out that Goodge Street is an equally valid shuffle, overcomes the Littleton Rules paradox, and still leaves it all wide open - not least to aficionados of the Northern Line Headbutt.
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

http://www.plotholes.blogspot.com

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2008, 14:14:06 »
i'm gonna have to dispute that i think bupster - i dont think goodge street is an equally valid shuffle in this case because with the reverse shaft in place thats going to take you right back up the arsenal.

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2008, 14:21:59 »
Valid but excessively stupid perhaps?
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2008, 16:18:49 »
 :-[

B****r, had forgotten the Brussels Review. Sorry Bupster! Russell Square then?...

8)

keef

• Hectare
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2008, 17:41:45 »
Being a man in my 30's id be better able to gauge how this game is going, on reflection, if i was wearing a nice pair of sandlebag creepers - obviously a month's wages would'nt even be enough for a set of these - so i'll have to make do with my better judgement.

Orthodox measurement does make changes to the validity of any of the reverse shafting moves played out so far - however i suspect sticking to metric will make things far simpler - so i propose that. Of course we could use a mixture of all measurment standards (as i see quite often in my line of work), allowing us to pick the best system for the move that is to be employed - the Brussells review outlined this as a possibilty when the rulle amendments came into line last August bank holiday.

However taking everything into mind (even without sandlebag creepers), i think we've looped back to Dollis Hill... again.... ::)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 17:43:25 by keef »
Straight outt'a compton - West Berkshire.

Please excuse my spelling, i am an engineer

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2008, 18:36:47 »
ok. easterly somerslide (with antireversal screw re 1984) through (or over) the brent cross flyover to...golders green...

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2008, 22:28:44 »
Bupster your Auntie Dorcas wasn't Dorcas Jennings? My son's ex headteacher???
 :-\

You don't get many Dorcas's around...

R-T No that was definitely Nottingham....
 ;D

and anyway when was Chester in the East Midlands.... O Level geography reject?
 ???
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 22:31:06 by saddad »

keef

• Hectare
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2008, 23:32:57 »
Interestingly - technically Chester is in the east midlands accrouding to the MC Kelvedon conditions.

1. Take the current time of day - accorinding to a French decimal clock.
2. Multiply this by the sq/route of the ambient humidity at Pudding Mill Lane (DLR), west bound platform.
3. Add the result of 2 with the number of Westbound trains on Tuesday 23th March (as detailed in the 1993 timetable) at Theydon Bois.
4. Mulitply again with mean average length of time taken (over 10 trips) to reverse shaft from Totteridge and Weystone to Pimlico - applying a gain of 0.45, and you have your first Grid reference.
5. Next - take the distance (via Airline shuttle bus to Loughborugh and then Train) from East Midlands Airport (measured in rods) to King Cross & St Pancras.
6. Add this to the number of steps from the east bound platform at Earls court - to the Warwick Road exit (only if the date is before the longest day of the year, subtract if after...)
7. Apply the Rushdens Gambit - and you have your second grid reference.

Hey presto your in Chester ! or am i missing somthing ?

EDIT : you could leave out step 2, but you'd end up in Queensferry - but hey ho i'm a perfectionist... ;D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 23:38:02 by keef »

markfield rover

• Hectare
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2008, 08:48:31 »
And if people still do not understand how to play after Keefs gin clear instructions they never will.

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2008, 11:30:23 »

1. Take the current time of day - accorinding to a French decimal clock.

Or as we do in Nottingham take a eggtimer and a tally up a backally, some of the modern ways have taken all the skill out of the game.

From Golders Green by the way of a quarter half shaft maneuver(i take it we are allowed hassock's) to Cricklewood.

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2008, 12:14:06 »
R-T No that was definitely Nottingham....
 ;D

and anyway when was Chester in the East Midlands.... O Level geography reject?
 ???
beg your pardon -  I have a A in geography, and here's a picture of a Roche Mouton (on it's side) to prove it

if it was Nottingham, someone would be waving a gun around
To be fair to Derby, I was probably there on a bad night. So far as I could tell, the Bulgarian Women's Shotput team were in town, having some kind of drinking competition........I mean it can't be like that every weekend, can it??

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2008, 12:52:22 »
if it was Nottingham, someone would be waving a gun around

[/quote]
Only on weekday never at the weekend we have some standards in Notts you know.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 12:54:40 by froglegs »

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2008, 13:27:32 »
I beg your pardon as well - had it been in Luton, someone would have stolen the easel. Can we slip down as far as Neasden, or is it not the done thing?

keef

• Hectare
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2008, 19:12:27 »
I beg your pardon as well - had it been in Luton, someone would have stolen the easel. Can we slip down as far as Neasden, or is it not the done thing?

You can slip down as far as you like lady !!! but seeing as were still being influenced by the Beacontree shift - were still going to end up back at Dollis Hill, Gads! what a pain in the a*se ! - i just see no way out of this loop  >:(

RT - your picture interests me, it looks similar to the track layout plan of Quainton Road (Disused on the Metropolitan). Is this a coincidence ?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 19:24:57 by keef »

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2008, 20:18:44 »
This thread could run and run- I dare someone to say M.C. ;D And have you seen how many views it's had.- Humph would be proud! ;D

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2008, 20:21:03 »
Mornington Crescent-all rules would know that

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2008, 20:23:30 »
keef - my picture was supposed to be a Feature of Glaciation. I could draw you a bergshrund if you like, but you'd probably think it was a plan of the sidings at Crewe

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2008, 20:28:46 »
 ::)

Cleo...sorry, but if I can refer you to The Noblick Conundrum (1974) I think you will find that it is NOT MC!!!

:-[

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2008, 20:33:49 »
I declare the Humph obitituary rule of 2008-never let a winner get you down-there is always another

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal