Author Topic: A Internet Explorer has to close window  (Read 2007 times)

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
A Internet Explorer has to close window
« on: March 14, 2008, 21:37:45 »
I was trying to help OH get google earth ( why can,t I ever remember what I did last time) and he exited in the middle of it downloading well I think this may be to blame for what has been happening ever since
every time I exit a Internet Explorer page I get a internet explorer has to close window. I have tried a send report but I don,t understand it so I am clicking a" don,t send" and it goes away but it is getting on my nerves cuz it means something isn,t right! does anybody know a simple way to get rid of it ? please
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

Uncle Joshua

• Hectare
    • nikkershaw.net
Re: A Internet Explorer has to close window
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 21:52:15 »
Go into your PC'S control panel, click on add remove programs and click delete google earth, that should solve the problem but no idea why it caused the problem as google earth is a safe program.

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 23:23:50 »
Thankyou  ;D that seems to have worked.I got hoplessly losted so think I must have done something wrong will get DD to help when I try again
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget

Pesky Wabbit

• Hectare
  • Where's my(palm oil free)KRAFT choclit Easter Egg?
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 00:52:45 »
Don't Worry. I get the "internet explorer has to close window" regularly.

I always click "don't send" as one of the problems IE is having is talking to the tinternet - and so it can't send anyway, and its only looking to see if there is an update to fix your problem (which there ain't).

My PC was fine until one of those Automatic Updates that happens during the night.

When I click "Don't Send", all my existing IE windows close - all other windows are ok. If I click "Send", there is a 50/50 chance of getting a Dr Watson pop-up, which then freezes the whole machine and then needs a cold boot (power off and on).

The "internet explorer has to close window" has a habit of appearing when I have at least 3 IE windows (each with several tabs), and then I open a local folder on the hard disk.

If I get several of these in a session, it can kill my desktop background - reverting to a plain white screen.

I've tried upgrading IE to a previous version, but it won't let me - so I'm stuck until the next release.

Pesky Wabbit

• Hectare
  • Where's my(palm oil free)KRAFT choclit Easter Egg?
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 01:16:24 »
Speak of the devil, my mate DrWatson Postmortem Debugger just popped up when spell checking a post.

Second time this evening.

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 15:18:23 »
thank goodness my problem ,thanks to miskw very easy to follow instuctions
are cured. fortunately I realised it was my bungled attemps to download google earth that caused it. I,v got it before but got lost this time
now I know what to do if it happens again
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal