Author Topic: Sparrows  (Read 2452 times)

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
Sparrows
« on: July 14, 2004, 08:54:12 »
Morning!

I have just been watching three little fat fluffy sparrows sitting on the rim of my bird bath (which is about the size of a small dinner plate) drinking and tweeting to each other. They reminded me of three ladies having a natter. Or three witches round their cauldron!!!

So cute - I just wanted to share it!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
Re:Sparrows
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2004, 11:03:38 »
Hi Plocket, watched a starling trying to have a bath, a young one kept coming up to see whats going on and it kept chasing it away, even birds don't get much peace from the young :)
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2004, 12:42:57 »
He he!  :D

There was a starling on our coconut feeder the other day, trying to teach a youngster about feeders. The little one wasn't having anything to do with it and still wanted to be fed!

There are two little sparrows on my wall right now, sounding as though they have had a lover's tiff!!! One of them has a long strand of dried grass attached to it's tail!!! Perhaps he thinks he is a peacock!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Val

• Hectare
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2004, 13:47:53 »
Yeah a P. Stick?

Spurdie

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2004, 20:12:11 »
Hello, Plocket

As Val knows, I am a bit of a voyeur when it comes to birds bathing! :D
But what do you make of a thrush ONLY having a bath if a blackbird is in the birdbath with it? ;)
I'm tempted to leave out some scented candles to aid their romantic evenings!

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2004, 10:53:55 »
What a kinky thrush hey Spurdie!  ;)

Val

• Hectare
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2004, 11:04:33 »
Now thats what you call communal bathing eh Spurdie, a bit of togetherness, give them some wine, candlelight, music, sounds like a song....don't worry I'm not going to sing the birdie song.....groan. ::)

Belinda

• Half Acre
  • Still learning
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2004, 08:40:58 »
We regularly see a male and a female blackbird by our pond, usually whilst she has a bath in the slow trickling water of the pebble rill, he has a shower under the waterfall on the other side!

If we happen to be at that end of the garden, they sit on the high fence and sing until we notice them and move away from the pond, then they will move in and perform their ablutions almost as if they were asking for some privacy first - wish I had a video camera to catch their antics.

Val

• Hectare
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2004, 15:53:09 »
 ::)Even with a video camera its getting the timing right, the batteries dead, they fly before its ready,oh I really should get organised ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal