Author Topic: Wellies or Boots  (Read 2718 times)

pg

• Acre
    • Freelance wine writer
Re: Wellies or Boots
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2008, 09:31:25 »
As for bra's ... Don't wear one...

Totally agree. I'm quite a large lady myself but find stretching and sweaty exercise much easier unemcumbered. Saves on washing too! Wear at least two layers on top (T shirt and shirt) if you feel a little awkward at 'showing' through.

As for footwear I always wear waterproof walking boots. They keep your feet warmer than wellies (plastic wellies  can make your feet sweat - damp socks means cold feet) plus they support your ankles when digging and walking over soggy ground. Their only drawback is that you can't bend your ankles which can be useful when squatting.

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2008, 10:17:21 »
Well im going to broach the bra question!
I find that an underwire bra is a torment when you are digging weeding so abandon uplift and go for soft sides and no bones !

As for footware im really lucky in that my job supplies Toggie wellies, these are walking wellies for fat calf people. Wonderful comfy you can walk twenty miles in them and they are soft enough to be fine when you are kneeling down to root out those b******d thistles and docks.
x sunloving

littlebabybird

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2008, 10:24:55 »
those wires weren't designed for my body, they are so unomfortable, i cant even begin to imagine wearing one at the lotty

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2008, 12:17:53 »
Wellies in the winter, barefoot in the summer. I've got raised beds with grass paths, just for this purpose. I got a bee sting one year on a toe, and stubbed my toe badly on the patio at home.

Normal bra or no bra, depending on what I'm wearing on top  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
The Tuscan Beaneater

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2008, 12:26:11 »
I have some lovely fur lined walking type boots I keep in my shed, but still end up wearing my crocs, even for digging!

As for bras, as I usually prefer to wear sleeveless vests and trews in clement weather and spend most of my time grubbing around on my hands and knees, I think if I didn't wear one I might give some of my more mature neighbours more than they bargained for..... ;D

Thinking along these lines (!) , I've just remembered a joke....see watershed for details!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2008, 12:50:05 »
Yes we had a sudden very heavy down pour one day but i was short of time and continued working ...in my white t-shirt!.....as soon as the rain stopped one of my older but not that old neighbours was over in a flash. Apparently to get a closer look as he said "You should have taken shelter in the rain....are you trying to win a wet T-shirt competition?"

i keep it in mind now that my every move is watched!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal