Author Topic: Best use of space...?  (Read 1584 times)

Spookyville

• Acre
  • Freezing in West Yorshire...
    • downtheplot
Best use of space...?
« on: June 01, 2007, 23:16:12 »
When we moved into our first house xmas before lst we inherited a home built greenhouse tacked down the side of the garage.

Long term plans are to demolish it totally and place a "proper" greenhouse at the rear of the garge (which would be shortened by 2 of the concrete wall slabs).
In the meantime trying to make best use of it as it is. sort of L shaped really.

The staging down the left is far too high when the toms get going - they hit the roof quite early so going to remove that for next year and give them a couple more feet of growing space.

Any comments or ideas appreciated..

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
Re: Best use of space...?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 09:27:32 »
Can't give you any help on your proper query spooky, but just wanted to say it looks really neat (I know it needs a bit for work, but who doesn't eh?  ;) )

You've just given me an idea as our garage forms one of the walls in our back garden too  ;D
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

SEDUM

• Not So New ...
Re: Best use of space...?
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 11:54:44 »
I think that is a fabulous space you have there.  If it was mine, I'd put shelf brackets on the vertical timbers of the windows, so you can put slatted shelves up and maximise the use of the windows - perhaps that stuff that comes in strips,

http://shop.storagesolutions.co.uk/phpcode/request.php?LeftMenu=ListCategories&MainPage=CategoryPage&ClassId=8&CategoryId=810&CatName=Genuine%20Spur%20Shelving%20White%20-%20Tenders%20Welcome&Limit=0&gclid=CLux8I7kv4wCFQXnlAodXQ21Xg

which you could attach to each vertical, that way you need only clip in shelf brackets when you need them (bearing in mind your concern about room for toms to grow.

BTW - are you limiting your toms to 5 trusses?  Maybe you're letting them grow too tall?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal