Author Topic: Things we make in the winter months when we can't get on the lottie.  (Read 15216 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Just love the bird especially, so pleased the robin has the top billing, as my Dads mynah bird Charlie used to shout " Up the Robins " ( big Hull Kingston Rovers fan)

It is our family bird.

The pansies are also booootiful.

Lovely to see, XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
yes, made the birds for my dad in 2000..inherited it back in 2002..one of the most awkward to do  :)

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
There are some verytalented crafty people here.  I love those pansies Manic.

Jeanine - do you hand stitch all the quilting or do it by machine in strips?  Some of the patterns are so beautiful.
Obxx - Vendée France

manicscousers

• Hectare
funny, they seem to be everybody's favourites, I just love the 'faces'  :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Hi Obbelix, I do it all,I strip piece,I applique, I hand piece,and I quilt by hand and machine.

By the way I haven't forgotten your kite, this Friday is Easter break So I have  a couple of weeks off. XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
Meet Gladys. She was miffed at being woken from hibernation and is not at her best. The photo does not do her heaving bosom and red silk knickers justice
She was the first, followed by Dolores, black, buxom and beautiful, wearing a leopardskin print thong under her fairy dress, She now resides in luxury in deepest Surrey. There are a few others around the country, each one ruder or more outrageous than the last ;). They have a wire through a hand so they can hang in the tree in an eyecatching position.
Glad is threatening me with strike action next Christmas if I don't put her back now. ::)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 11:11:01 by Emagggie »
Smile, it confuses people.

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
Emagggie, I love her! She has fab cleavage too. I'm jealous! x
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

manicscousers

• Hectare
do you sell them, maggie, I would buy 4 now, I think she's fabulous..much more my type of fairy than the normal ones..I'd love to see dolores, any piccies ?  ;D..

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
There are some lovely things on here  :)

I'd love to be able to crochet. I've studied 'The Ladybird Book of How To Crochet' (honestly! got it from a jumble sale! ) but still can't work it out  ::)

Mind you, my hands are too dirty from gardening these days to do anything like that  ;D
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Such a great thread, Jeannine. Such wonderful works.

Mention of the Mynah made me look this up - the Common Mynah - poor little s..s!!

My latest humble offering is do you remember the days of pebble polishing? I still have all the 'gear'.

These were all from Fleswick Beach in Cumbria 20 years ago (naughty, now!!). A VERY long descent/climb - 200'? - especially when coming up with 20lb of pebbles!! Much was made into 'jewellry'.

manicscousers

• Hectare
There are some lovely things on here  :)

I'd love to be able to crochet. I've studied 'The Ladybird Book of How To Crochet' (honestly! got it from a jumble sale! ) but still can't work it out  ::)

Mind you, my hands are too dirty from gardening these days to do anything like that  ;D
everyone has a talent, trixie, you make me laugh and that's a rare talent nowadays

also, some people can talk to folk and make them feel better, or are good mums..very good talent indeed  :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
You know Tim I am glad I started this thread too, we have seen some smashing stuff.

Oh the pebbles, we got so close to becoming rock hounds in Canada, but jus never did, there were some lovely stuff over there that you could pick up.we even went so far as to buy a cheap tumbler but never got around to it.

My son lives in a part of BC where they can get opals!!! Oh don't get me thinking.

I love stones, I have all kinds, I give them to kids as calming stones in school sometimes, they get warm when you hold themand the wee ones think they are magic. I still havr my Mums oiece of Amber in my handbag that she carried everywhere that she got as a bride.

Oh ,stones, I jsu dare not think!!!

I ablsoutely adore Gladys, she is priceless,we must see the others.

When I get chance I will put some of my dolls on too. but Gladys will win the prize !!!

XX Jeannine

flossie

• Hectare
  • Lincoln
I really love the pebbles Tim.  I have always been fascinated by them and can never visit a beach without bringing quite a lot back with me.  Polished they look stunning maybe I will look into it...

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
Tim, I don't think I have been to many places where I haven't come home without  a pocket full of pebbles or stones or bits of wood. Had not thought about tumbling them, I wish I had. They are so beautiful.
Last year I found a piece of wood that I'd been hanging on to for years  and made a mobile for the garden with it and some rams/sheep's horns found on a walk in the Dales. I thought it was OK 8) but BW thought it was bizarre ::) Ya can't please them all ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

tim

• Hectare
No1 Son is a great one for that sort of thing, Maggie.

What amazed me was the variety of stone in such a tiny beach. Read later that it was a glacial outflow.

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
Tim, those pebbles reminded me of my late Grandad. We used to go to his house in Leicester, listen to his Jungle Book record upstairs in his study (big privilege!) then go and polish stones. I only realised years later that it takes ages to tumble them and he must have good with the sleight of hand. Always looked like he put rough pebbles in and 10 minutes later got beautiful polished ones out. The rascal. And he made superb carrot cake.  ;)
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

tim

• Hectare
Yes - up to a week per batch.

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
What a lovely thing to say Manics. Thank you :) X
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

manicscousers

• Hectare
another little thing we made, ray did the frame out of an old  mahogany step from a patio door, I painted the lady on to a piece of birch ply wood, always meant to do a sailing ship inner for a change,  ;D

tim

• Hectare
Good grief - I was a Picture Framer for 30 years & never achieved anything like that!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal