Author Topic: Should I be concerned??  (Read 1498 times)

greenscrump

• Acre
  • Rye, East Sussex
Should I be concerned??
« on: September 07, 2006, 16:58:25 »
Hi all, I need some advice re my kitty Archie, he seems to have an upset stomach, was vomiting yesterday and again this morning so have stopped feeding him.  In the meantime he has been eating grass and making himself throw up, he's just been ill - nothing but grass and is outside eating grass again.  Otherwise he seems fine- his usual self and he keeps hanging around in the kitchen waiting for his fodder.  Is he just trying to purge himself? I'm a bit of a worrier so thanks for listening, any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you  :)

calendula

• Hectare
  • learn to love your weeds (saddleworth)
    • homeopathy
Re: Should I be concerned??
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 17:49:15 »
grass is a great purging substance but I would be looking at what the cat is vomiting just to check for anything untowards such as blood - might be furball, bit of 'off' food, does the cat get to mice or birds, have a look in its mouth/throat if you can - if the appetite is not changed then things would appear to be ok but if it continues I would get it checked out

greenscrump

• Acre
  • Rye, East Sussex
Re: Should I be concerned??
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 17:53:11 »
Thanks Calendula, he was vomiting what looked like bile this morning but this afternoon it's just grass and froth.  He definately seems to be hungry and seems happy enough, maybe I'll try him on some food and see what happens.......

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal