Author Topic: beefy tomatoes lacking  (Read 4055 times)

Tora

• Hectare
  • Gravesend, Kent
Re: beefy tomatoes lacking
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2006, 20:13:25 »
Can I just say that Seedfest is a very dodgy company. I ordered a set of 50 packets of seeds in February, paid via paypal and never got anything. They have completely ignored my e-mails. I still haven't got any seeds or refund from them.
I'd hate to see more people get ripped off by seedfest.

By the way, dj, the Brandywein Sudduth strain seeds you kindly sent me along with other veg seeds and beans - Is it the Ben Quinsberry strain? I couldn't sow them this year (I had run out of space by then) but definitely try next year.  :)

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2006, 07:01:00 »
I wonder if they've had problems with the move back to the US. I've been dealing with them for a couple of years and they've always been reliable for me.
Yes, the Sudduth strain came via Ben Quinsberry.

Tora

• Hectare
  • Gravesend, Kent
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2006, 10:09:44 »
Thanks, dj. :) Can't wait to sow them next year! I'd love to give you some things in return this autumn. Will send you a list when my seeds are ready.

As to seedfest, I sent them several e-mail without any response. There are lots of victims on ebay too. Wouldn't recommend them at all. Shame because they had fantastic selections of seeds... :(

amphibian

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2006, 19:43:58 »
I wonder if they've had problems with the move back to the US. I've been dealing with them for a couple of years and they've always been reliable for me.
Yes, the Sudduth strain came via Ben Quinsberry.

My experience too, they had some issues during their move.

Tora

• Hectare
  • Gravesend, Kent
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2006, 14:31:55 »
I'm going to send Seedfest an e-mail again, although I'm not going to hold my breath. They were kicked out of ebay after receiving money from many people and not sending anything out. ebay investigated the cases and decided they didn't want them on their site. I talked to one of the victims and he was ripped off last summer, so I doubt it was because of their move to the States.

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2006, 16:16:25 »
Tora - did you have any luck with your email to seedfest? I have an order outstanding for which they have been paid but the email was returned with the message "relay access denied". I've just sent another one to the address: tomato@tomato-seeds.com which has also been returned as undeliverable. If you have any luck do let me know :(. I'm beginning to think they have gone belly-up >:(

Tricia

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2006, 16:56:39 »
Have you tried contacting them through their US arm rather than their (now defunct) UK arm.  Think this is the US web address: http://www.vegetableseed.net/index.html
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

amphibian

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2006, 19:39:17 »
I'm going to send Seedfest an e-mail again, although I'm not going to hold my breath. They were kicked out of ebay after receiving money from many people and not sending anything out. ebay investigated the cases and decided they didn't want them on their site. I talked to one of the victims and he was ripped off last summer, so I doubt it was because of their move to the States.

I think they abandoned their UK arm, because the woman running it failed to live up to expectations, they then called all operations back to the states. I would contact their US arm directly.

Ricado

• Half Acre
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2006, 19:52:06 »
will be sticking mainly to f1 hybrids next year, all cherry varieties.  The likes of golden cherry, sungold, sukara.  Im not sure whether to keep supersweet 100 and santa both are very mediocre under my growing conditions.  Can anyone else recomend any similar, preferably golden varieties.
growing, growing, growing, growing, growing ...sleeping

amphibian

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2006, 20:01:40 »
will be sticking mainly to f1 hybrids next year, all cherry varieties.  The likes of golden cherry, sungold, sukara.  Im not sure whether to keep supersweet 100 and santa both are very mediocre under my growing conditions.  Can anyone else recomend any similar, preferably golden varieties.

Why F1's what do you view as the benefit of growing them?

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2006, 20:06:03 »
"F1 varieties are normally both more uniform and more vigorous than normal open-pollinated varieties".

And much more expensive & not true from seed.

Ricado

• Half Acre
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2006, 20:23:51 »
yes im looking for uniformity and vigour, as my greenhouse at work is literally a tomato factory.  No room for beefy tomatoes that wont set or go to rot, im looking for full trusses on six to seven trusses at least.
growing, growing, growing, growing, growing ...sleeping

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal