Author Topic: yippee  (Read 1579 times)

sarah

• Hectare
yippee
« on: April 26, 2006, 07:40:25 »
its a beautiful day, the sun is shining, i have no commitments, the kids are at school all day, the hubbies at work, the dishes are done....yippeeee.  i can feel carrots and parsnips coming on. if anyones gonna tell me its gonna get cold next week then ...just dont! ;D hi ho, hi ho, its off to the lotty we go .....

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Re: yippee
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 07:48:22 »
Sarah Yep day has started off with lovely sunshine. Been up to greenhouse to have a look at all the seedlings. Da*n I am confined to the house today have got to do a friends books ready for his VAT returns!!

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 08:25:31 »
o lorna, what a shame, I will keep my fingers crossed and hope that you get to spend at  least a short time in th egarden.  Book keeping, the magical art!  I find vat returns a bit like dentist trips, dreaded for a long while and then a pure sigh of relief when its all over.  forcast is good for tomorro too, not sure where you are but have a nice day anyway. ;)

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 10:27:06 »
Sorry too, Lorna if you have to be indoors when the weather is nice.  We are free today and can spend it entirely doing lottie and garden work.  It is gorgeous outside and I am looking forward to a very productive day   -  fantastic!  :D busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 13:33:21 »
I was digging my new cut flower bed this morning and rain stopped play. Never mind.
 Alpines and succulents in the co op. By one £2.99... get one free,so I did. I got six cos I love 'em!

Moved my caulis up to the lotty to the plastic greenhouse the other day...now all frazzled and kapput :(

Busy I was thinking about you over Easter. Was in Whitley Bay and surrounding areas looking for a rabbit and hutch. Went past the allotments by that roundabout near Earsdon village and thought of you... aaaawww!  :D

Got the rabbit , a guinea pig and a hutch in Cullercoats...ninety odd quid I spent  :o  ::). Aw but they are cute  ;D

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 18:54:28 »
I'm shattered!! Tired, but happy, me ;).....spent the day doing a lady's neglected garden. It's beautiful....weathered stone, raised beds, exotic planting......and weeds, weeds, weeds :( That was then. Lot fewer weeds now ;D ;D  Half done and the other half being done next Wendesday. BUT this poor lady, who planned and planted the garden originally, is now afflicted by agoraphobia.....can't even get outside her front/back doors to enjoy it. Isn't that just terrible?  She sort of hovered on her doorstep, poor love.

Glorious weather here, too.

Heldi, has Dennis got a brother? This lady's friends own a smallholding near Worcester and told her that the Mrs. went to shut up the hens to find the cockerel in a fox's mouth......she shouted and ran after the fox, who dropped the bird and ran off. Next day cockerel was a bit subdued.....day after doin his ole shoe shuffle round the ladies ;D ;D ;D

and somehow I was reminded of Dennis

;D ;D ;D

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 19:28:39 »
It's been a lovely day here in Herts so made the most of it and spent most of it in the garden.  Tired, aching, dirty finger nails - great, you can't beat it ;D

Well done Alishka, what a good friend you are, I hope your efforts lifted that poor lady's spirits.  Sounds a lovely garden :)
Happy gardening all...........Pat

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 19:42:43 »
We have had a busy day at the lottie. I have sown the rest of my beetroot seeds, and dug and weeded and pruned and watered....all very satisfying! We are both tired, and as I type my OH is having a power nap (his word for it) on the sofa.  I must concenetrate on the garden tomorrow.  It is always a dilemma, but we love the lottie so much that usually comes first. 

We have had a dry day today and nice and sunny generally, though the odd black cloud did appear from time to time - sorry it must have headed in your direction Heldi.  ;) My lotties right next door to Whitley Bay High School and the playing fields, which is just past Sainsbury's on Monkseaton Drive.  Heldi, let me know when you are next in the area and you can pop into our house for a cup of tea. We are just around the corner from the lottie so I would love to show you it too.

Think rain might be on the way so we are going to be out as much as possible tomorrow.  Did feel sorry for your lady Lishka, agrophobia is so awful! How sad she can't even go out into her garden.  busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2006, 23:05:23 »
Busy day for me but unfortunately not gardening. Did school run for Lorna morning and afternoon, rest of morning and afternoon completed the book work for the friends VAT (glad he is writing the cheque and not me ;D) Hopefully weather will permit me to be in the garden all day tomorrow. Have been out all evening to a friend for a natter so had better look at forecast.

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 08:08:37 »
well i spent allday at the allotment (well all day between school hours) and did loads but i am still well behind. still have a large patch of grass mixed with old strawberries to sort out. rhubarb has gone mental. I actually got sunburnt on my arms. must remember to put sunblock on from now on!

Lishka, maybe the lady will be inticed into the gaden by seeingyou clearing it up. It sounds like there is a beautiful garden under the weedes, it might jst be the thing to help her out of doors. even a short wlk in her own garden would be a massive step for someone who suffers on that way.

Lorna hope you you get some chill out time today. ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2006, 10:07:09 »
Lish. Had a niece who suffered same years ago but thank God she has come through it!!! To think that I moan and groan when I have got a common cold. How about some pics of the garden Lish??

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2006, 20:08:46 »
Lish. Had a niece who suffered same years ago but thank God she has come through it!!! To think that I moan and groan when I have got a common cold. How about some pics of the garden Lish??

Dreadful affliction, Lorna, and this old lady just isn't getting the one-to-one support which I think may bring her out of it...Lord knows when it started - or why?? 

PIX......well, I only buy throwaway cameras ......and even then don't always use them tho I always carry them around......have never, ever wanted one or wanted to 'capture' an instant with a photograph......BUT....just recently, I've been really disappointed with a throwaway which I bought to capture a particular 'lost garden' project I've been working on all this winter - my idea was to create a before-and-after album for the client.....I finished the film last week when daffodils were up in the 'park' area of the garden - put the film in for developing - and found that the flash hadn't been working and they're all too dark.......I'm almost (but not quite) being swayed in the direction of upgrading my life to the 21st Century :-\ ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2006, 20:51:08 »
Sarah Yep got some nice "chill" time today, such a beautiful day. Trying to sort all my seedlings out, it was 80f in the greenhouse. Lovely. The runner beans are growing so fast, I have put them in a disused pigeon loft (no front to it) reluctant to put them in garden yet, fear of late frosts.Only got one of my original sowing of pumpkins to germinate, plant is looking good. The later sowing of them much better popping up all over the place..Don't know what I am going to do with them, only got a small area for veg, herbs etc.

Lish I truthfully thought of your lady today.,jumped in car to pop down to see son (a'hem another little job for him ;)) came home popped up greenhouse and stayed there for over an hour. In other words I thought how  miserable I would be if I couldn't do all these things when I want to.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal