Author Topic: A year today.....  (Read 10452 times)

jaggythistle

• Acre
Re: A year today.....
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2005, 19:31:19 »

Jesus lottie.........thats some serious hair gel............or did the nicotine chewing
  gum get caught in yer hair... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2005, 19:37:49 »
lottie have no fear i am chasing you in my JCB you will never get away ,ICY lottie is wearing her hair like that to your party  :o :o :o

undercarriage plan

« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2005, 09:04:24 »
I know, I know you're just jealous Jags......Dibs, mind me paint work on the JCB....... :o ;)

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2005, 15:53:31 »
well i need a word  with you about the Jcb lottie i sort of hit a fox in the country lanes and put it ths way i am not chashing you anymore ,Jcb is in a dicth but dont worry i am fine  ;) ;) ;)

undercarriage plan

« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2005, 17:29:28 »
And the Fox!!!! :o :o :o ;)

Juliet

• Half Acre
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2005, 17:43:16 »
I'm with Heldi on this one (the smoking, not the JCB)- I grew up asthmatic & seriously allergic - asthma gone now but I still can't go near smoke.  As far as human rights is concerned - fine for people to smoke in their own homes if they want to, but not in public - otherwise they're violating my human right not to inhale second-hand smoke :P!

So a very big well done Lottie! - keep going without those cigarettes - & Rob too.  Like Moonbells, I've never smoked, but I have given up caffeine, among other things, & I'm sure it's not easy for you.  It's worth it though!

Anyone who still smokes & wants to give up - can I add to what Moonbells said, that it's not just yourself you could be killing.  A friend of mine is very ill with angina and has to breathe oxygen through a machine for several hours every day.  She can't walk very far & needs a stairlift to get upstairs as she doesn't have enough puff.  When she was first diagnosed the doctors said the illness was caused by smoking - but she has never smoked in her life!  Her late husband & her sons smoke so she had always had smoke in the house - but I'm sure they would have given up if they'd realised what it was doing to their wife/mother.

robkb

• Hectare
  • SE London
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2005, 10:23:12 »
Woohoo! A whole week now, and I haven't killed anyone (yet...).

Juliet, I know what you mean about the secondary smoking, which is why I've never smoked at home or around the kids - and then I thought "so why on earth am I smoking at all?"

Another good incentive is to go next door (I work next to Guy's Hospital) and just look at the people crowded by the door puffing on their fags - the other week I actually saw a guy in a wheelchair taking off his oxygen mask to puff on his ciggy, and then holding said ciggy in his hand - next to his oxygen bottle!! :o :o

Cheers,
Rob ;)
"Only when the last tree has been cut down, and the last river has been poisoned, and the last fish has been caught, will we realise that we cannot eat money." - Cree Indian proverb.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2005, 20:50:19 »
Well done, Rob!!!  ;D ;D ;D You need to buy you a little pressie now!!! Worked for me, but I just love pressies!! And I was so kind to me...... ;D

daveandtara

• Acre
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2005, 20:57:31 »
hi, we haven't been about much lately cos we're giving up smoking.not one puff since sept 19th. our computer is right by the back door. we didn't smoke in the house except at the computer with the back door open so now, sitting here is torture!
we're giving up because we can't afford to smoke. while i 'm sure smoking isn't good for you nor is walking down a road where traffic is heavy and twenty minutes standing by a barbeque is apparently equivelant to 10 cigs a day for a year.
i do think the anti smoking brigade have got a bit carried away, if there are places that are smoke free and places that aren't everyone should be happy.
well done to you lottie, and all those who've given up and good luck to robkb and all those still trying to.
bit worried to hear that the cravings remain tho, hoped they'd be subsiding soon! :-\
Tara xx

undercarriage plan

« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2005, 22:03:43 »
Well done you two!! I don't think everyone gets cravings. I have a mate who doesn't miss it at all, and an aunt who would still wrestle you to the ground for one after 25 years!! Don't forget pressie!! Best bit....... ;D

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2005, 22:44:42 »
A friend of my wife's died of lung cancer a few months ago; she'd never smoked in her life, but had worked for years in smoke-filled care homes. Nobody should ever have to endure smoke as a condition of their work.

robkb

• Hectare
  • SE London
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2005, 09:00:38 »
Well done, Rob!!!  ;D ;D ;D You need to buy you a little pressie now!!! Worked for me, but I just love pressies!! And I was so kind to me...... ;D

Well, I did just get my lotty, and next year's seed catalogues are plopping through my letterbox on a daily basis, and I do need a new water butt, and...and...

Cheers,
Rob ;)
"Only when the last tree has been cut down, and the last river has been poisoned, and the last fish has been caught, will we realise that we cannot eat money." - Cree Indian proverb.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal