Author Topic: A year today.....  (Read 10454 times)

undercarriage plan

A year today.....
« on: September 30, 2005, 23:46:23 »
I had my last ciggie!!! Haven't had a cold, can climb up hill to school without coughing my brains up, no night time cough......and completely addicted to nicotine chewing gum!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D Lottie  ;)

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
Re: A year today.....
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 23:51:33 »
 ;D ;D ;D

Well done Lottie.  Quite an achievement, some day, some day......  not got a stutter, talking to myself.........

:-*

undercarriage plan

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 23:54:58 »
LOL!! Not sure if you should, Carol!! Loved the smell!! No really, if you can, excellent, if not....breath it out near me, please!!! Lottie  ;D

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 00:07:09 »
That is brilliant Lottie.  Good for you,  -  keep up the good work.  busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 00:17:14 »
Well done Lottie! 

How can you love the smell ..it's vile?!!   I hate smoking. I hate breathing in someone elses smokey breath when I'm walking behind them in the street...yeeuuuk!  Do they realise they stink so much? Someone the other day managed to flick their butt into my 2 year olds eye. If I had caught the b*gg*r  I would have stuck his "tabs " up his backside.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2005, 08:43:51 »
Well done Lottie. I gave up for a very long time (after I had cancer) but I am afraid when I lost Charlie the cigs started again!!!!!  Have tried again without success. However if I buy cigs I would smoke 20 a day again SO (believe it or not :)) son John GIVES me 4 per day, in return I always buy their lunch once a week. A month ago John decided to try and give up so far so good, I am so pleased for him. Now Donna (d.i.l) gives me 4 per day. I know I am pathetic ::) I really do admire you Lottie. For those who have never smoked , I can tell you it is very hard to give up, yeah yeah I know no willpower. Lorna. (Reaching for her first cig of the day)

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2005, 09:14:22 »
well done.

Derekthefox

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2005, 09:33:41 »
I was a really heavy smoker but gave up just like that and have never smoked since.  23 years ago.  Now I hate smoke and smoky places.  Went for a pizza the other day and every table had an ash tray on it  >:(
I came, I saw, I composted

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2005, 11:29:48 »
Wardy. My husband was same as you, we had haulage business then and he would be out on the lorries all night. He had a cold, lit a cigarette and thought what the hell am I doing smoking when I have a bad cold. He  kept a packet in his cab for weeks. but never smoked from that night .  As I said all down to willpower!!! Lorna.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2005, 11:46:18 »
Hi Wardy, we went to Italy for our hols this year and there is no smoking in any restaurant.  It was wonderful not having meals spoiled by drifts of smoke.   Hope it happens here too and soon.  It doesn't seem to have put the clients off from eating out either.   We've been to the same beach area a few times now and the restaurants were all just as busy.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 11:48:01 by Obbelix »
Obxx - Vendée France

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2005, 12:35:31 »
Good!  My B & B is totally non-smoking but I still get guests who insist on smoking in the bed rooms and one git burned a hole in my carpet when he fell asleep  >:(  It's been groups of workmen every time who have been the only ones to ignore the signs so now I'm very relucant to have more in.  I grill em first  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

undercarriage plan

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2005, 12:54:55 »
Thanks for kind words!! Have to say, I do get frustrated that having given up, when I do go out my clothes and hair end up stinking like an old ash tray, and it's hard to sit there and see others lite up and not want to wrestle them to the ground and nick the ciggie!! I would love it to be smoke free. But on the other hand, I can't see why some pubs/restaurants shouldn't be for smokers and some for those who don't want to smoke. Or am I being too simple? Wardy, try lightly poaching.........Lottie  :-\

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2005, 14:07:14 »
weldone lottie, me and oh gave up about year and half ago i lasted 8 days and oh is still off they cigs ,i must get my head around it and try again ,

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2005, 14:23:26 »
Many congrats - you 've done fab

I,m an ex smoker - have been for twelve years but its not easy even though like most of you i now hate it if been out and clothes smell etc I sometimes still find myself wanting ciggy especially if had a stressful day!

Well done again and keep up the good work!!
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

undercarriage plan

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2005, 17:23:46 »
Dibs, the only reason I managed it this time, was due to circumstances was in hospital for while and knew it would be perfect opportunity, no driving when home, so I jumped at the chance, and discovered nicotine chewing gum....I don't think I'd have done it without being isolated and not allowed out!!!! Thanks Delilah, know what you mean, some ciggies just look so goooooood..Lottie  ;D

Jessie

• Half Acre
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2005, 17:33:24 »
Well done Lottie, keep it up :D

Crash

• Half Acre
  • Viva Las Vegas
    • Crash n Donnas blog
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2005, 17:43:25 »
When we go for a beer I'll try not to smoke in front of you!

undercarriage plan

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2005, 19:11:46 »
LOL!! Thanks but no probs, Crash, really. Some of my mates smoke, very considerate in that they didn't smoke near me in the beginning, but now, it's no problem. I have bought my self treats along the way, and the thought of having to pay me back....ouch!! So you drink your beer and enjoy your ciggie!!  ;) Lottie  ;D
PS won't let me type f*g....!!!! GG 

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2005, 19:42:14 »
Well done ;)

I have given up twice :-[

The first time was for 10 years. Then my mum died and I started again. :-[

I will have been F A G free for 2 years this christmas. I still crave them a bit but I havn't lit one yet. :)

undercarriage plan

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2005, 20:03:20 »
Well done, Joji. Not surprised you started up again, Hun, must have been awful. But 2 years, excellent!! Hope I can say the same this time next year....My OH gave up after seeing the film Frequency.......Watch it, if ever tempted to start again!! Lottie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal