Author Topic: STEROID INJECTIONS  (Read 1693 times)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
STEROID INJECTIONS
« on: July 17, 2012, 22:14:54 »
 for knees, does anyone on here have them if so would you tell me what they are like please  ie do they work well? are they painfull to have?, how long do they last.
 Thank you Rosebud.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: STEROID INJECTIONS
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 23:45:20 »
Rosebud, I have had them in a shoulder.

Before I went folks told me all sorts of horror stories, rather unkind really, but I didn't find it really painful at all. I did however get good relief. I had about 4 lots over about 18 months I think. I had very quick relief with one I remember but most times it took a few days to kick in.

Don't listen to the negative bods, just keep a focus on the fact that it will probably help a lot.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 06:49:59 »
You may be running round like a ten year old soon Rosebud  ;D

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 10:26:02 »
rosebud I had them in my carpal tunnel a few years ago. I admit that the actual injection was not painful (just a little impressive!) but the site was very uncomfortable for about 3 days afterwards. So do be prepared for a few days of feeling not so great. However the effect was very good, I have had minimal problems from it since then and have avoided surgery by the injections.
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 11:02:36 »
sorry no knee info but have also had steroid injections in lower back 4 times in 2 year period.
Pain relief lasted about 3/4 months,was it worth it long term,I sit here with a bad back 3 years later so maybe im not the best advocate for the experience and im sure others have more positive stories to tell you.

Oh....I did also try Botox injections as well,which again didnt give me a long term gain but at least I can lift my shirt and show a beautiful permanent smile round about L4 L5 ....... ;D

Give it a go,no harm done  !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gazza

small

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 13:05:07 »
Talked to the GP yesterday about knee steroid jabs (for my mum), she said it just depends whether the shot gets in precisely the place you need. My dad had them very successfully for some years: I've had them in elbow, wrist and spine, all very effective. A bit ouchy to have but discomfort not agony. I'd go ahead in your position, they won't make it worse and there's a fair chance you'll benefit.

non-stick

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 12:00:53 »
I had one in my shoulder about a month ago -wasn't the most pleasant experience but has improved things greatly. Sadly it looks like it might not be quite enough and I may need further inspection

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal