Author Topic: Raspberry Problem  (Read 1695 times)

Susiebelle

• Hectare
Raspberry Problem
« on: August 08, 2011, 15:14:19 »
I have a row of Autumn Bliss Raspberries about 5 years old but I am having problems with the fruit,
fruit is much smaller than a couple of year ago (also allowed a new shoot to develop in adjacent bed the fruit is much bigger) and about 50% of the fruit is no good due to something, not sure what  :-\ , around the stem of the fruit, it's not mould but it is black and almost a little 'v' shape.
I have tried to research on internet without any luck, can any one help has anyone else experienced anything like this?  I would much appreciate any thoughts.
Kind Regard Susan

pigeonseed

• Hectare
  • Hastings
Re: Raspberry Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 22:08:24 »
Bad luck, susiebelle. I don't know what it is - could you get a photo of it? That might help someone identify it. :-\

Susiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 22:57:42 »
I am afraid I am no good at the  photo thing, but thanks for responding Pigeonseed.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 11:30:34 »
Could it be cane blight?

http://apps.rhs.org.uk/advicesearch/profile.aspx?PID=266

I try to renew some of my raspberry canes from new growth after about 3 years so that there is always some "new blood". Also make sure they have enough space so that there is plenty of air circulating round the canes, that you prune them right down to the ground over winter and feed them well in early spring. I use fish, blood and bone and mulch either with well-rotted manure or my own compost. That feeds them and also keeps the weeds down so fewer places for nasties to hide!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal