Author Topic: Chillis  (Read 2209 times)

Twoflower

• Hectare
  • Three girls and a cat!!!
Chillis
« on: January 15, 2011, 16:14:37 »

Ok i'm trying again this year to grow chillis from seed........are they like parsnips in that you need fresh seed each year or can i use last years seed. Didn't do very well last year only some success.

Twoflower

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Chillis
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 16:49:10 »
Yes they should be alright to sow again...chilli seeds should store ok for few years.. ;) But only if you have stored them away from extreme temperatures..read; not in greenhouse

PeterVV

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 16:49:44 »
I have just planted some of last years seeds, and a couple have germinated. What have you to loose?, just stick em in! :)

Twoflower

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 16:55:10 »
Yes they should be alright to sow again...chilli seeds should store ok for few years.. ;) But only if you have stored them away from extreme temperatures..read; not in greenhouse

Haven't got a greenhouse at the moment it's flat packed at the bottom of the garden :'( :'(

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 17:27:10 »
Code: [Select]
Haven't got a greenhouse at the moment it's flat packed at the bottom of the garden  
  Ohh...dear, dear..well then, if you kept your seeds in house you are atleast 'winning'..seeds should be fine then ;)
Yes..get them in ;D
Ps...Twoflower if you need any more seeds..PM me with your address and I've got some Aji Lemon seeds that I have just harvested ;)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 17:30:02 by goodlife »

Twoflower

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 08:59:30 »
Code: [Select]
Haven't got a greenhouse at the moment it's flat packed at the bottom of the garden  
  Ohh...dear, dear..well then, if you kept your seeds in house you are atleast 'winning'..seeds should be fine then ;)
Yes..get them in ;D
Ps...Twoflower if you need any more seeds..PM me with your address and I've got some Aji Lemon seeds that I have just harvested ;)

Thanks for the kind offer, but i spent a happy hour going through more veg's chillis.....going to do a trial fresh against last years. It'll keep me out of mischief ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal