Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
Re: 1066
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 17:33:50 »
Yaaayyyy -   :D  :D  :D Thanks Catwoman  :)

It was gorgeous! Didn't do any real travelling just rocked up to a beach place and pretty much stayed there. Did Yoga every day, so feeling quite fit and healthy - which isn't the norm after most holidays! :P  :P  :P, didn't really go out in the sun, way too hot, so don't have a tan  ::) but did read loads of books  8)

But I did manage to buy some seeds - chillies, squash, beans - so I'll try and organise a few to swap - but I really don't know whether they will germinate or come true to type, but thought at 10 rupees a packet, I didn't have much to loose, also thought they would be fun to share  :)

It's lovely to be back though - in our own home, sleeping in our own bed, drinking tea (with soya milk), catching up with friends tonight, and hope to get to the plot tomorrow. Goodness knows what has survived and what hasn't. What with the snow I'm expecting none of the salads to have survived, and I'm doubtful whether or not the PSB cage will still be standing! But looking forward to the new growing year - have loads of new stuff to try, and need to get my potatoes ordered, so lots of good things to come  :)

So what's been happening on A4A? Have you all been playing nicely? And have you all been good girls and boys and did Father Christmas come?

Om Shanti

1066 ;D

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 10:57:55 »
Whereabouts in India did you go?  Some friends went to Kerala in November and they loved it.  They took so many photos and shared them with me -
 I loved the three-wheel trucks painted in bright colours and given religious names like "Jesus"!

It will be interesting to see how your seeds get on.  One of our Indian plotholders brought loads of seeds back last year. His sweetcorn must have grown at least 15 feet high but didn't produce anything!

I think we have all been behaving ourselves, apart from the usual culprits of course.  ;)

Father Christmas brought me an unusual pressie - a new website!  My daughter in law made it for me using Wordpress, I've just got to learn how to use it now.

Good to have you back,  :)
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 11:03:11 »
So pleased that you had a good holiday ;D. Everyone has behaved :-X
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 13:29:10 »
Great to see you back, same old faces playing up but then without them there would be no fun  ;) and a Happy New Year to you.       ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 05:56:27 »
Yes a happy new year to you all

Squash we also went to Kerala, we've travelled a lot round India before but decided on a totally lazy time, and didn't really move (except for the Yoga  ;D ). It's a very lush rich state, and very easy going. In fact we were so lazy we didn't even get up to the spice gardens! oh well another time

And what a great Chrimbo pressie - totally inspired. I'll look forward to seeing the new site  :)

Good to hear everyone is fine and dandy, really looking forward to the new season, but I know I have tons of work to do on the plot as I didn't / couldn't get that much done before we went away. Hi Ho! It's off to gardening we go  :D

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 07:44:15 »
Wot, no spice gardens  :o  ;D
Glad you had a great time and long may the happy holiday feeling last  ;D
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal