Author Topic: Newcomers  (Read 1670 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Newcomers
« on: December 13, 2010, 13:58:34 »
Well Manuel's plot has been taken by six people from Capel Manor (not sure what that means, if they work there, or just attend courses). Lady seemed very nice and had loads of plans for it, they are lucky as Manuel was up there every day digging so it shouldn't take too long to get it back in shape.  Also one of the plots next to me has been dug, and apparently a man is up there every day digging.  Most of the plots now seem to be taken so will be interesting to see what happens next year.  We have plenty of free woodchip delivered, but no compost, I think Kev nicked it all.  I had better get cracking and do some digging myself or will be put to shame by the newcomers.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
Re: Newcomers
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 14:53:50 »
We didn't really have your compost Borlotti, I was only joshing, do you get your woodchips through the council, because I asked our allotment officer and didn't get a lot of responce, mind you the tenants were arguing where the compost was going to be dropped at the time so he probably didn't want more of the same.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 16:06:32 »
We have plenty of woodchip, not sure if it from the Council, or anyone that finds it a good place to dump it.  Can sell you a bag, very, very cheap.  ;D ;D ;D  Apparently the Council van broke down, so that is why we had no compost, only joking with you. Luckily the compost is delivered near my plot, but people do moan, but they are not grateful for getting it and there are not too many spare places to put it, perhaps they would all like it delivered to their indivual plots. We never, ever got it before so why do they keep moaning and have wheelbarrow races to get as much as possible. Poor Manuel has gone to Coventry (to work) and all his hard work and digging so deep has now gone to someone else.  Shame I didn't nick his carrots before the new people appeared, and I had permission for his partner, who hates allotments as she grew up on a farm in Portugal and just loves shopping. Off topic, again, must be the wine.

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 17:25:49 »
Wineo'clock Borlotti ;D? Best time of the day for some folks. Mine is 10o'clock, bedtime ::).

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 17:49:20 »
Shame about manuel, I only met him the once and he gave me a pumpkin, he's plot was full of them, all different shapes sizes and colours, mind you a don't think he was ever the same after fawlty towers.   :-X    :P       ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal