Author Topic: Cornys off to spain  (Read 2597 times)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
Cornys off to spain
« on: August 08, 2008, 20:48:31 »
Hi all I'm off to sunny Spain  8) on Sunday for a fortnight, so if any one fancies weeding and watering my lottie for a few weeks give us a shout.  ;D ;D ;D    :-*   
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: Cornys off to spain
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 21:11:08 »
Watering shouldn't be a problem unless summer arrives while you're away and with the temperature today, I think even the weeds will stop growing.

Have a great time, go easy on the sangria!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 21:18:09 »
have a brill time, ck..we're away next friday so it'll be 3 weeks , don't change the avatar, I won't recognise you  ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 21:20:05 »
Have a great holiday.

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 22:28:07 »
You have more time off than Santa.  Always off on a jolly.  (Slugs, snails and beasties will be throwing all night parties on your plot ;D ;D)
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

glosterwomble

• Hectare
  • Gloucester - The South West
    • Fork it...a Gloucester allotment
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 22:34:31 »
Have a fab time!! Can't offer watering help... sorry! ....unless there is BIG money involved???   ;D
View my blog on returning a totally
 overgrown plot in Gloucester
 into a productive allotment ... http://fork-in-hell.blogspot.com/

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 22:38:34 »
Happy holidays :)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 22:48:23 »
Sorry Kev would love to help but just can't cross the A10 I'm afraid.  ;D  ;D  ;D

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 23:27:25 »
Wot? Outside the North Circular? - no fear!

;D
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 18:53:05 »
You are probably there by now Kev but do have a great time. I would look after your plot for you but am still up to my eyes with your bloomin ironing that you sent round
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2008, 19:03:52 »
Where in Enfield are you???  I am in Lincoln Road, allotment by Enfield Playing Fields.   Have a good holiday.  I am not going away until September, and I will probably get withdrawal symptoms.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 12:46:05 »
Hi all I'm back from my hols and had a great time, Georgie you are just have to get over your A10 phobia.  ;D   Borlotti I didn't realise you were a Enfieldian, I'm in the not as posh as Georgie's area of Brimsdown. Shirl, have I got some ironing for you, but try to iron my leopard skin thong with more care next time the string was twisted and it played havoc with my  farmer Giles.  :P   KT I don't know what your talking about I bearly get out these days.  ;D ;D ;D ;  Thanks to all who those that replied bye for now Corny.    ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 13:02:15 »
That's two in Enfield now.  I live in Bush Hill Park, but not the expensive bit, only a small house and tiny garden that is why I have an allotment.  My allotment is where Joe Swift is filming, but not at present as he is away on holiday.  He will certainly have to do a lot of weeding when he returns!!! My allotment is a bit of a mess, but still get produce.  We have some nice men up there, mostly elderly, who are very kind and give me advice and plenty of their produce, which they like to tell me is better than mine.  If I offer anything in return, they say they have more and better. Some of them have had allotments for other 30 years, some are 80+ and still digging away so all their fresh vegs. must do them good. We have Italians and Portugese who seem to love growing food, especially Borlotti beans.  He gave me so many one year and still not sure what to do with them but couldn't give them back as he insisted I have them.  Not sure I like them.  Is this a man thing, kind of competative.  I just stick it in and hope it grows.  One man was nearly in tears as all his tomatoes got blight and he had to burn them. Mine seem OK at present.  Not allowed out today as grandchildren coming to see me and I am never in.  The A10 is an awful road, I can cycle through the park and only have to cross Southbury Road, which can get quite busy.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 16:02:50 »
Hi all I'm back from my hols and had a great time, Georgie you are just have to get over your A10 phobia.  ;D   Borlotti I didn't realise you were a Enfieldian, I'm in the not as posh as Georgie's area of Brimsdown.

Hi Kev, welcome back and glad to hear you had a good holiday.  As for me living in 'the posh' bit, well, someone has to!   ;)  The problem is getting the staff....  ;D

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal