Author Topic: Photo's of my Sunflowers  (Read 1692 times)

Sinbad7

• Hectare
Photo's of my Sunflowers
« on: August 21, 2008, 14:59:22 »
I hope this works as I wanted to show you some of my sunflowers and ask is it usual for a sunflower to have 30 flowers?  That's how many I counted this morning.  This year is the first year that I have been into sunflowers on my plots but have fallen in love with all the different kinds you can get.  I blame Woolies as I bought a little greenhouse with 6 pots and different varieites of sunflowers in it when they had been reduced and this is some of the results.

Sorry about the other photo's of my plot but I did a bulk upload on photobucket and took loads of photo's this morning.

http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z284/sunnyday_012/

Sinbad

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
Re: Photo's of my Sunflowers
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 15:16:09 »
Hi again, Sinbad,
Nice looking blooms you have there. Mine were late in and have still to flower!
 30 is a bit OTT but lucky you. Most I ever had was around 20.
 (Like your colours too....do you save seed??)

Sinbad7

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 15:51:18 »
Hi Kenkew,

Lovely to see you back, I have missed the competition's ;D

I have never saved seeds before as have never grown so many flowers on my plot's but if there are any you would like I would be more than willing to save them for you and send them to you.  The giant one's have finished flowering but have put them at the side of the plot for the birds to eat, they were really good too.

Sinbad

Toadspawn

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 17:08:31 »
It depends on the variety. Some will only produce one very large head and others are multi-headed. I have two types which regularly produces 25+ particularly on self sown plants. They are single flowered and the heads are not particularly large - about 6-8" in diameter - . One is plain yellow the other is yellow with a brown ring.

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 20:18:19 »
Might do you a swap for non-giants, Sinbad. (Still have plenty of those.)
 Fancy some sweet-peas? Got a few poppy seeds too. That's about all for this tight year.
Ken.

Sinbad7

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 22:26:43 »
No swop needed Kenkew, you can have as many of which ones you want.  If you pm me your address I will send them to you when they are ready.

Sinbad

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal