Author Topic: Oh dear no eggs here  (Read 1888 times)

Rosyred

• Hectare
  • West London
Oh dear no eggs here
« on: October 17, 2007, 12:20:14 »
My hens hasn't laid now for the week so I think its the time of year. When will she get back to business as i'm missing her eggs?

jonny211

• Acre
Re: Oh dear no eggs here
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 17:49:19 »
What breeds do you have by the way? My youngsters have just started laying tiny eggs but I don't know whether they'll continue as the days get shorter.

Jon

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 00:31:36 »
Hens lay more eggs in longer hours of daylight. Production may reduce slightly in winter months. 3 weeks ago mine stopped laying for 7-10 days. They are now back in full production. As a guide - in warm weather - breeds renowned as good layers tend to lay one egg approximately every 25 hours.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Rosyred

• Hectare
  • West London
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 18:40:56 »
My maran hasn't laid since she hatched an egg so thats 3 months ago and the warren ( a brown hen) stopped laying a week ago the others are too small yet so i'm hoping lots of nice eggs in spring.

wildthing

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 14:48:07 »
I put a couple of brackets inside the henhouse. I put 2 charged up solar lights in there at night to increase the "daylight" length by a few hours. Apart from moulting mine lay year round as they are fooled into thinking it isn't winter. You just have to remember to put the lights outside during the day to charge up. I always have a couple charging up, switched to the off position, in case I forget. I will get a proper solar shed light when I can afford it.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal