Author Topic: pea disaster  (Read 2666 times)

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
Re: pea disaster
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2007, 22:52:38 »
My raspberries also looking peevish and a touch sulky. Leeks on the other hand have arms folded and will not budge through hell and high water. Blackberries cunning; tomatoes optimistic. Or am I taking this too far?
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

http://www.plotholes.blogspot.com

MacArthur Park

• Quarter Acre
  • Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2007, 22:53:17 »
Sherlock Holmes & Watson walking across a beach.
Watson : "I think these rocks are granite"
Holmes : "No, sedimentary my dear Watson"

Hahahaha...
[/quote]

Are you perchance a geologist? Do you have a T-shirt with Geology Rocks on the front of it? That joke is the sort my geologist friend would come up with, and yes, he does have the T-shirt!! ;D ;D

the person at the QCA who wrote that horrid unit should be made to fill in rotten worksheets for perpetuity.  IMHO  
I couldn't agree more. It must take true skill and dedication to take a fascinating subject like that and suck the life out of it.   >:( ::)

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2007, 09:32:09 »
Sherlock Holmes & Watson walking across a beach.
Watson : "I think these rocks are granite"
Holmes : "No, sedimentary my dear Watson"

Hahahaha...

Are you perchance a geologist? Do you have a T-shirt with Geology Rocks on the front of it? That joke is the sort my geologist friend would come up with, and yes, he does have the T-shirt!! ;D ;D

Worse, I studied Physics at Uni... although Geologists & Physicists are normally about as funny as each other. I have loads of great Physics jokes. You don't want to get me started. Really. Like the Atom that lost an electron - was he sure? He was positive.

The integral of a log cabin? A houseboat but you'll have to ask me if you want to know why and anyway it's not even funny when you find out. Oh, alright, it's because it's log cabin + c   (say "c" out loud).

Sorry for going er, slightly(!) off topic.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2007, 21:52:00 »
If you want a second chance sowing of Purple Podded, Mac Arthur Park, just pm me as I have been growing and saving them for a decade and still have a bout 300 to sow...
 ;D

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2007, 21:57:09 »
What's purple-podded like? I got a few seeds out of curiosity. along with Ne Plus Ultra.

triffid

• Hectare
  • Escaped... usually to my plot in NW London :)
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2007, 22:05:14 »
Love the peevish raspberries... Mine have gone from looking reproachful a few weeks back when I hacked them all down to two inches above ground. Now they're just looking purposeful -- belligerent shoots everywhere. :)

Wandering OT for a moment in reply to Ollie... ;)

Quote from: OllieC
...I studied Physics at Uni... although Geologists & Physicists are normally about as funny as each other...

One to take back to the geologists, then --

Q: What's the difference between a geologist and a terrorist?
A: You can negotiate with a terrorist.

saddad

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2007, 22:50:39 »
Purple podded is ok fresh, but not very sweet and quite mealy, best as a dried pea for cooking, you can eat the whole pod as exotic mangetout if caught small, Ne Plus Ultra is a great sweet pea possible only bettered by Magnum Bonum...
 ;D

MacArthur Park

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2007, 23:33:09 »
Saddad, you are a star! I've pm'd you - thanks loads. :)
I've only eaten purple podded as mangetout as I could only grow about 6 plants in a pot before I got the lottie. I have to admit to not being able to remember the last time I ate peas that didn't come from Mr. Birdseye. :(

Ollie C you are clearly mad  ;) ;D ;D ;D- I like this site more and more!! ;D ;D

saddad

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2007, 23:43:18 »
They are bagged up and in an envelope... will be in the post tomorrow...
 ;D

MacArthur Park

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2007, 23:46:36 »
Even more thanks - I promise to sow them fortnightly!! ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal