Author Topic: Weather WOW!  (Read 3487 times)

growmore

• Hectare
  • Practice Beats Theory. Don Valley South Yorks
Weather WOW!
« on: June 08, 2006, 13:10:25 »
Just come off lotty where I was hoeing..Outside temp on there 86f  ... Jim
Sunny south Yorks,, :)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 10:13:01 by growmore »
Cheers .. Jim

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
Re: Weather WOW!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 13:22:31 »
Some folk are lucky!!!  Sun shines on the righteous as the saying goes.  Bit cloudy here with the occasional sight of the sun, temp about 70F so coats are off!!!  S.E. Scotland

;) ;)

Leonnie

• Acre
    • A Country Garden
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 14:03:13 »
Yes, agree, absolutely WOW weather. Been at the lottie this morning, bright sunshine and very hot. And it's meant to be getting hotter at the weekend ;D Could do with some rain though.

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 19:44:43 »
oh dear, OH is in charge of watering / checking the greenhouse but don't think he has been to the allotment at all this week  >:( >:(

I'm quite concerned about my plants in my potting shed and could do with some advice - at the moment I have the door and window propped open on latches, but they open towards each other so there is only a couple of inch gap.  It stays open day and night, but I'm concerned about temperatures in the day and the night !

Should I prop the door open fully and chance evening temperatures ?  I can only get there occasionally during the week. 

Really need your advice before I manage to kill my toms, aubergines, pepper, okra and cucumber.

Thanks
mc

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 20:36:52 »
MC, I wondered if you could put fleece over the doorway and it would allow air in, but protect a little bit too.

It has been brilliant weather here  for the last four days now, so hot, and the plants are loving it. If it could rain a little at night that would be perfect.  :) busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 21:22:38 »
 8) 81°F (27°C) here in sunny Brum 8)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 21:33:21 »
Too hot to work in, that's for sure. The bees, the chilis and the aubergines love it, but I don't. i gave away all my spare tomato plants today; they've been sitting in the mini greenhouse. I had to skip watering them yesterday due to the wife calling about relatives arriving, and to my embarassment they were wilting already. They'll soon perk up though.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 21:35:05 by Robert_Brenchley »

Leonnie

• Acre
    • A Country Garden
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 21:35:56 »
Forecast is looking good for the next 5 days too. Tomorrow I'm planning to visit Wakehurst Place, looks like it's going to be a lovely day ;D

weedbusta

• Hectare
  • glasgow
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 22:31:44 »
weather man said it would be in the 80's tomorrow in glasgow, and i'm not working  :)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 22:41:58 »
Had to wait until 8.30pm to water tubs and baskets out front. Sun has been shining all day, very hot. (Not that I am complaining..love it) Looks like it will hold for our visit to Hatfield House/Gardens on Sunday.
Lorna

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 00:14:39 »
Have a wonderful time on Sunday Lorna and hope the weather keeps nice for you.  :) busy_lizzie

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 07:39:05 »
i'm off today too.  the oh is rigging up the tv in the garden for the football and i'll be rigging up a trampoline to keep the pigeons off the onions.  two days uncovered and they've not been nibbled so much as sat on !!!

perhaps this is the start of a long hot and wonderful summer.

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 09:14:58 »
Thanks busy lizzie.

Mrs KP sitting here giggling... I have a good imagination and can just see you on the trampoline :)

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 10:03:04 »
an over active one i'd say  :P

this is the morning "he" was going to get up early ......... what time is is now ??

and i've already got the onions protected and the borage potted on ........now for the evening primrose  ;D

you're a long time asleep imho  ;D ;D ;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Meg

• Acre
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 12:38:32 »
Have decided not to spoil the lottie by watering too much this year so probably won't have anything to show for it either.

Pop in on way to work do 10 minutes hoeing and 10 mins watering the essentials ie seeds.

Will go up at 6am on Sat and do as much as I can and then head for shade for the rest of the day I think! Isn't it lovely can't to leave work!!
Marigold

amphibian

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2006, 11:47:12 »
I have just recorded our highest temperature of the year, 34.3°C in the shade at 2m.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 11:50:12 by amphibian »

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2006, 16:58:52 »
Last Saturday was our highest at 28.7°C = 84°F 8)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2006, 17:51:45 »
Tis lubley!  The kids don't know what to do with themselves though, and the ice cream van didn't come round after school and they were so looking forward to a long cold ice!

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2006, 20:58:41 »
Oh EJ!! You have tempted me.  We have some Ben & Jerry's in the freezer - special offer on at Sainsbury's this week.  Now all I need to do is persuade myself I deserve some.... which I do!! ::)  :P  This week have been working on the lottie every day, planting, weeding, digging, watering, and we helped someone on our plot move a shed yesterday, which was very heavy work, and even up here in the North East it must have been at least 80% F. 
Not quite so hot here today, but it is just right.  It is lovely to sit out on the Patio at night and it is still warm - amazing!!  ::) busy_lizzie

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2006, 21:25:51 »
Brilliant day here again. At 7pm. I decided to water baskets and tubs and also to wash the car. I heard several loud rumbles of thunder and thought I did not need to water but so far no rain this way. I am glad I just carried on.
Yesterday, as our day out had been cancelled went with son and d.i.law to a Sunday market.Main reason for me was that they have a huge plant  area, all in a very large building. You name it they have it.. Lorna & co also arrived, she bought me a plant.Heuchera Mirantha Var. Palace Purple. Came home and spent over five hours in the garden and greenhouse. I was shattered. I actually went to bed before 11pm.
I love this weather.
Lorna

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal