Author Topic: My Robin  (Read 1944 times)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
My Robin
« on: April 08, 2006, 18:10:10 »
Hello.  I was harvesting compost today when I heard my robin in the Forsythia above my head.  Went and got the camera and only managed these two hazy shots before the batteries went.   ::)

So I'm sorry about the quality and I promise to try harder but here they are anyway.  G xx

'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
Re: My Robin
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 18:15:51 »
Fetching in forsythia! :)
Is he fluffed up a bit? Sleet here!

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 18:18:49 »
No he's just fat coz he eats so much!   ;D  Glorious sunshine and blue skies here - been out in the garden for about 7 hours and doesn't my back know it.   :(

G xx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 19:16:22 »
I've got two in my garden.  One is STILL feeding the other :o  Both have red breasts tho.

They are SO bold.  While working in the garden I only have to turn around to pick up a tool and when I turn back there he is poking about in whatever I have been doing!!

Love them to bits ... they ALWAYS come to sing to me  ;D
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 20:06:15 »
It's unusual to get two isn't it because robins are so territorial?  Perhaps Carol could throw some light on this?

G xx

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2006, 20:47:10 »
They will be male and female if one is feeding the other, thats part of the courtship ritual.  I still have two as well but think they must be two males with  One on either side of the garden.  Your pics are good G.  :D :D :D :D

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2006, 22:12:32 »
Good pics of a very well fed Robin Georgie.  Thanks for sharing.  :D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 11:59:02 »
Georgie. Cracking, how lovely (gotta admit bit jealous) Thanks for sharing.
Lorna

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal