Author Topic: Tomato blight?  (Read 1731 times)

vaca

• Half Acre
Tomato blight?
« on: September 15, 2005, 19:32:22 »
Hello,

I've got 7 tomato plants growing in pots at home and today I noticed my plant's leaves are starting to wilt, but they're not curling up from the edges. The leaves that haven't gone completely yellow have darker spots on them, and these dark spots are also all along the stems of the plants. Is this blight I'm faced with ??? ??? ???

Jill

• Hectare
  • S E London
Re: Tomato blight?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 20:06:51 »
Well just today I noticed the same: dark splodges on leaves, stems and browning at top of a couple of the tomatoes which have only recently shown signs of turning red.  I'm gutted because mine is certainly blight.  Just can't believe it's found my toms so late in the season. >:( :'( >:(

vaca

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 20:49:56 »
I'm pretty sure mine have blight as well then, dark splodges everywhere and on every plant - can't believe how quick it's happened !!

So assuming it's just started, do I have a few more days in which to ripen some tomatoes which are only a few days from being ready? or should I just pick them all and make green tomato chutney with them right away?

:'( :'( :'(

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 09:07:24 »
vaca: there's another blight thread in edibles! I posted there what I did, and it seems to have worked fairly well.

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal