Author Topic: Never seen one of these before.  (Read 1402 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Never seen one of these before.
« on: September 08, 2005, 21:03:34 »
Well I am very near my 71st birthday and I saw something for the first time this week.!! My daughter-in-laws Gran died last week she was 102. Donna went to help her Mum sort Grans things and one of the things Donna is keeping is a 100th birthday card from the Queen to her Gran. so that is the first time I have seen one!! She also has a very nice photo of the Queen speaking to Gran when she visited the flats where Gran lived to open a new part of the building. I think that visit was just before Grans 102'nd birthday earlier this year. Other than the last two days of her life Gran still lived on her own in her flat.  So I will be paying my respects on Monday to a grand old lady. Lorna.

undercarriage plan

Re: Never seen one of these before.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 21:16:21 »
Me either Lorna, she sounds a remarkable old lady. You remind me of my Grandad, he had his 100th birthday party on his 98th birthday! In case he didn't make it, made it to 99, bless him. One hell of a party!! The singer Moira Anderson turned up, cos someone had written to her to tell her about him. Lovely old boy, grandad, not Moira......Lottie :-\

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 09:43:00 »
No, I've never seen one either - wonder if I'll live that long  :)

Good story Lots about your old grandad - bet he nearly had a heart attack when Moira turned up.  Like you say, good old Moira.  Is she still alive then ?
I came, I saw, I composted

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 10:58:40 »
When I reach 100 (note I haven't said IF) I want Rosemarie singing "When I leave the world behind"  I have told my kids I want that played at my funeral. One daughter said.. You must be kidding :) Lorna.

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2005, 11:14:53 »
That is so warming to hear!

When I leave the world behind . . . ahhh Irving Berlin

Wonder if I can find a guitar arrangement ...

I can but try,

Derekthefox  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal