Author Topic: More for Aqui!  (Read 2032 times)

sandersj89

• Hectare
  • Who me?
    • My Allotment Blog
More for Aqui!
« on: May 28, 2005, 20:46:23 »
Aquilegias have to be one of the best flowers for being tough as old boots and having a huge variety of colour and shape! Only trouble is I need to a bit of a cull each year to keep them in check but what the heck!

Jerry

And nice to see Mr Bumble Bee getting a feed!

Caravan Holidays in Devon, come stay with us:

http://crablakefarm.co.uk/

I am now running a Blogg Site of my new Allotment:

http://sandersj89allotment.blogspot.com/

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
Re: More for Aqui!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 21:44:46 »
stunning sj :)
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 22:48:00 »
Aren't they beautiful. 

I have just rescued a few as we are digging up a border which is full of them all self seeded, but I know in a few years they will be back again.  We have to rebuild a wall and there is nothing for it but to dig them up.  Aqui will be cross with me I'm sure!  I feel quite sad but they are all self set so will be back, especially if I shake all the seed heads on the new border!

Perhaps if I buy a couple of the new pretty ones and add those too we will have even more permutations of colour and shape.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 23:03:19 »
Superb, Jerry, I see I have a long way to go.

G xx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 10:37:12 »
more for me! lovely Jerry. just lovely!

I'm having to start a bit of a cull. I feel terrible about it, but a few plants that aren't quite as lovely as the others are marked for removal. I also pinch off the finished flowers of my least favourite ones, hoping that the best ones will cross polinate and set seeds.

I just adore that bees love them so much. One bee last week just couldn't get enough of one of my plants.
gone to pot :D

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 11:53:04 »
Makes all of my common ones look rather sad, but I love them nevertheless!  ;D  Great pics as usual Jerry.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal