Author Topic: new to growing flowers....  (Read 1738 times)

eastybeasty

• Not So New ...
new to growing flowers....
« on: April 12, 2013, 21:21:42 »
but thought id share my thoughts :)

i grew some things last year, hubby does the veg and im in charge of making things prettyful  :sunny: i thought id make my life easy last year by buying mixes. it did make things easier but made it more problematic later when i couldnt easily identify the plants i thought were nice so i could save seed and grow them this year. also sowing a mix direct also made it tricky to know what was weed and what was what i indended to grow there! sorry probably well known to other people but not me  :toothy10:

this year i spent a while in febuary i think it was measuring and drawing scale(ish) diagrams of the garden to work out what flowers are going where. I'll try and make a list of what im growing / intending to grow in case anyones interested, i'll probably miss some off tho  :icon_cheers: sorry i dont know the exact names of some of them but have the seed packets so can give more info if anyone needs or wants it :
borage
corncockle
phacelia
night scented stock
black pansies
blue violas
poached egg plants
poppies
phlox - 2 diff colours
nemophilia
alstromeria
freesia
lilies
alyssum - white and mixed colour
various mixed perennials, summer long mix and scented flowers (sowed in modules and seed trays so when i plant out at least i know theyre not weeds  :tongue3:)

I've probably forgotten some, got a better camera now so going to try and take some pics of work in progress and see how it goes. impatient to see results now and looking forward to having a prettyful garden ( i hope!)  :toothy10: :toothy10: :wave:

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: new to growing flowers....
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 09:51:22 »
Looks like somebody is going to be very busy...and not only but bees too  :icon_cheers:
Lovely selection to our winged buzzy friends :icon_thumleft:
And not only that phacelia, poppies, poached egg plants, borage and violas are very good self seeders too..you propably won't need to buy any seeds for few years as those quite readily come up year after year from the seeds they drop themselves..all FREE :icon_cheers:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal