Author Topic: Posting pressies  (Read 1545 times)

Sarah-b

• Acre
Posting pressies
« on: November 17, 2004, 09:37:37 »
Every year at this time, we have the problem of what to buy for Christmas presents for members of the family who live a long way away and therefore the presents need posting. I'd like to organise it all by the internet and have only had a couple of ideas so far. Does anyone have any ideas for me. Last year we sent bat boxes to some of them! This year my one good idea is garlic ropes from the garlic farm - has anyone bought those before?

Thanks,
Sarah.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Re:Posting pressies
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 12:11:21 »
Knowing Colin Boswell, they couldn't be bad. Elephant or smoked or standard?? My address is.............= Tim

Sarah-b

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 12:54:08 »
Tim - I had a nice email from Colin saying he'd sort out whatever I wanted to do. Think I'll get him to send standard ones. It passes the test as being a good idea - cos it's a pressie I'd like for myself (now there's an idea...)

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 15:51:46 »
How about dolphin or whale adoptions? Gave those one year!http://www.adoption.co.uk/whale/wdcs/ We are passionate about the ocean so they would be my first choice! Or go here for a selection of other animals!https://secure.wwf.org.uk/adoption/index.asp?ext=true&pc=MCB001011
They are quite expensive but a good family gift as you usually get updates throughout the year!
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 15:25:25 »
 ;DI've put out hints for hedgehog boxes this year, a subscription to a favorite mag? or choccies, are a bit boring I suppose but does it for me..except I never get them. :'( :'(I have to get my own :'( :'(
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

Sarah V Bertram

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2004, 22:26:26 »
My mother has bought a goat in Africa. I think you can do this as a present for someone. The goat really helps get an impoverished family out of the poverty trap in many ways.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2004, 22:28:42 »
Hey Sarah, that made me smile.....I had visions of a postie having to try and manhandle a goat on his morning rounds.  Sorry...has been a long week...

Ooo, and saw you on telly tonite.  Cor, fancy sharing your veg with Monty!  I would have preferred Mr Beardshaw.  :P
« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 22:29:18 by EJ - Emma Jane »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal