Author Topic: Damage to polytunnel- advice/ ideas please?  (Read 2265 times)

Greenfingers Jo

• Quarter Acre
Damage to polytunnel- advice/ ideas please?
« on: January 13, 2010, 15:32:18 »
Hi ,
I finally got mine up in September and was planning to get started sowing pretty soon.

However, something has attacked my tunnel since Christmas time. :'( There are scratch marks, punctures and slashes in the covering about 18 inches off the floor. There is nothing but empty pots and the wheel barrow in there.  It started off as one hole but now I have  a second one about  one foot long and 6 inches across and another  startng in the next corner around again.

Could it be a fox? ??? We do have plenty at night but they can get around it so I'm not blocking a pathway.

What can I do to deter them? I tried leaving the doors open at either end but it made no difference.

As you can guess I'm not too happy about this. it too ages to save and ages to get it put up last year as I wasn't well. Just want to be able to use it for the purpose it was bought

Thanks

Jo x
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 15:43:01 by Greenfingers Jo »

Geoff H

• Half Acre
Re: Damage to polytunnel- advice/ ideas please?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 23:07:37 »
Cat? Sharpening its claws? Can you put some netting all round, nylon netting rigged up on stakes so its not easy for whatever it is to stretch up. Or perhaps even a strip of thick polythene if you have any spare.

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 11:47:18 »
Hi Jo

What a worry - Have only just seen this thread - if it is a fox what about putting human pee around the tunnel as a deterrent - a bit like marking your territory?!

I have a tunnel but haven't had any problems like that.

Good luck anyway!

Old Bird

ipt8

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 21:32:57 »
Maybe a cat is trying to get in after a mouse ???????

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal