Author Topic: How we got our plots  (Read 5513 times)

BAK

• Wiki Editor
  • Hectare
    • BK - This and That
Re: How we got our plots
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 15:28:21 »
I did a survey 2 years ago. The average for a 5 pole plot across the UK then was £22 although there was a huge variation in the individual figures (£1 to £100+).

I have seen 4 other (smaller) surveys that each pointed to an average figure of between £20 and £25 for 5 poles.

I am not aware of any official surveys. Some people quote NSALG figures but to my knowledge they date back to 1997-98.

Trevor_D

• Hectare
  • north-west London
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2009, 16:05:18 »
We're a private site, too - but we have a landlord (the local church charity) to pay.

After much discussion on committee, we've just put a 5-pole plot up from £12 a year to £13 (plus £4 per member for insurance & NASLG affiliation, regardless of size of plot).

And I bet someone will complain!

kingston boy

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2009, 18:12:11 »
Reading some threads is interesting as its brought out the difference in plot prices. In leafy surrey where i live the local council have decided to up the yearly rental by 12%. This takes a full plot, as they're known here, to a standard £69 for up to 250 sq mts, with concessions.
I got my plot in 1994 and another in 2006. In '94 i could pick the plot i wanted and where i wanted. The next i had to wait in line. Now theres a que of 46.How times change.
We have recently added another 9 x 100 sq mts plots ,with a compost area for the lazy ones, to help the overload.We also rent what were once unlettable plots free for one year as an incentive. It all helps and we did get a little assistance from the authority.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal