Author Topic: iTunes v Windows Media Player  (Read 3147 times)

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
iTunes v Windows Media Player
« on: January 06, 2010, 21:04:55 »
So I've finally got my ipod and itunes is installed and working. I now have my music stored in three places on the pc-my music, media player and itunes. Do I still need Windows Media Player? I use it for burning cds and I can't find an option for doing this on itunes- does anyone know if you can? Thanks x
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

mat

• Hectare
  • Ryedale, North Yorks. Sandy loam, over sandstone
Re: iTunes v Windows Media Player
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 21:32:41 »
Hi, yes since I have used itunes, I have never used media player.  You can burn CD's through itunes; you need to create a playlist or smart playlist of the music you want burning to CD.  then in the bottom right corner of itunes, you'll have a button called "Burn disc" which allows you to burn them all to CD

have fun  ;D

(and if you haven't already - investigate smart playlists; they are brilliant)

Mel

emmy1978

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 21:35:40 »
Oh thanks Mel that's great! I'm having so much fun with it but I still have that thing you get where it's so unfamiliar you can't find anything. I've had a look and I can see where you mean. Thank you XxX

mat

• Hectare
  • Ryedale, North Yorks. Sandy loam, over sandstone
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 21:49:18 »
I understand totally  ;D

ask away with any more questions.

Mel

Uncle Joshua

• Hectare
    • nikkershaw.net
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 21:51:15 »
Cheers for that....never knew you could burn from iTunes.  :)

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 08:31:15 »
Still trying to work out my i-pod & then remember what I did to make it do something!

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 09:26:16 »
I've got all my favourite CDs on I-tunes on my laptop, my ipod and now also my iphone. I'm not a windows fan! ;)

emmy1978

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 10:22:27 »
my iphone.

The next thing on my wishlist!

I'm not a Windows fan either. As soon as I can afford an Apple I'm leaving the Dark Side! I really want a Macbook. An orange one.  ;D

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 11:05:54 »
Have you tried clicking on the Visualizer found under View during iTunes?  Fantastic colors to the music. I'm hooked.
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 17:42:00 »
Have you tried clicking on the Visualizer found under View during iTunes?  Fantastic colors to the music. I'm hooked.

Well you learn something new everyday. I just hooked it up to the big screen on the telly, turned the lights ofF and sitting here with with my few classical favorites on. FANTASTIC

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 19:32:32 »

Well you learn something new everyday. I just hooked it up to the big screen on the telly, turned the lights ofF and sitting here with with my few classical favorites on. FANTASTIC
You're one up on me. Haven't figured out what gets plugged into what on the tv. Maybe the coffeepot cord doesn't work? ;D

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 20:07:03 »
Not quite as straight forward as I made it look I have a pvr that had a media tranfer programme that  connects the laptop with the telly.

So it is laptop to pvr via usb, then pvr to telly via scart or hd cable which should already be connected.

If you have a usb socket in a dvd player/prv/theatre system/sky box or anything else you have connected to the telly just connect your pc to it.

Pesky Wabbit

• Hectare
  • Where's my(palm oil free)KRAFT choclit Easter Egg?
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 20:56:11 »
I've got all my favourite CDs on I-tunes on my laptop, my ipod and now also my iphone. I'm not a windows fan! ;)

I have a LG Cookie phone and use Windows Media Player. The problem I have is getting the album art and details on the phone along with the track.

Would I-tunes be any easier ???

The tracks I download from the net appear ok, but my CDs (of which there are 400+) arnt. and I'm having to tag each track individually with the pic and text. (all 5483 !) I've done a few, but its VERY tedious.

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 23:23:05 »
Not quite as straight forward as I made it look I have a pvr that had a media tranfer programme that  connects the laptop with the telly.

So it is laptop to pvr via usb, then pvr to telly via scart or hd cable which should already be connected.

If you have a usb socket in a dvd player/prv/theatre system/sky box or anything else you have connected to the telly just connect your pc to it.
Precisely the problem. "pvr", "usb", "scart", "hd" ...my brain is uncluttered by such terms.
When my husband isn't so busy working he'll have to interpret that.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2010, 08:01:07 »

I have a LG Cookie phone and use Windows Media Player. The problem I have is getting the album art and details on the phone along with the track.

Would I-tunes be any easier ???

The tracks I download from the net appear ok, but my CDs (of which there are 400+) arnt. and I'm having to tag each track individually with the pic and text. (all 5483 !) I've done a few, but its VERY tedious.

That is tedious! Is your phone connected to the Internet when you download stuff to it? I know from experience that the details of the Cd including artwork etc only get loaded onto the likes of Windows media if you are connected to the T'interweb ??  :-\  Not sure is same is true with your phone

emmy1978

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 11:41:17 »
Yes you'll need to be connected to the internet to get the album info for your cds-although-if you are ripping it to the phone from the pc and the pc has the info I dunno why it wouldn't pass it along.
If your pc doesn't install the info and art automatically while it's ripping the cd right click the album in the library and there should be an option to get album info. If that doesn't work then I just don't know!!!
I love my ipod. I have given my old mp3 to my daughter who is so happy and learning that when you sing along whilst you're wearing headphones it is a great source of amusement for the rest of the family!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal