Author Topic: Dreaded Slugs  (Read 5536 times)

Kea

• Hectare
Re: Dreaded Slugs
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2008, 17:27:17 »
Worth giving the coffee ago as it's pretty inexpensive if it works that well.

Tatiana

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2008, 17:33:38 »
I might try coffee as well. I tried eggshell in my old garden once but gave up when I saw my plants half eaten and more slugs merrily on their way on top of the crushed shells  ::) I used to go around the garden and pick them off but don't think I'd want to be on the lottie when it's getting dark...

looking forward to the results of your trials Crystalmoon. I was tempted to get some of that organic slug pellet from the shop the other day but have resisted so far. Everyone I spoke too  at the lottie has warned me about slugs (and pigeons!) so I think I will need something!

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2009, 16:50:08 »
I didn't realise this was an lod thread until I got to the end but I thought as it is that time of year again I would post what I have found helps. I get an ice cream container & cut a hole in the side. I put slug pellets inside & keep the lid on. I put it near vulnerable plants & empty it every few days.
Janet.

Slug_killer

• Acre
  • I wanna be a slug.
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2009, 00:35:02 »
I keep old kebab skewers. You can get about 20 on one stick, then roast them on the bonfire.   ;)

Also, get 4 or 5 bigguns, line them up on the path. Then stamp on them and see how far their innards go.  ;)

Failing that, cut 'em in half with secateurs and watch 'em squirm. ;)

As they don't have vertebrae, I don't think they have a nervous system and won't feel pain.
When Santa's about, just hoe-hoe-hoe

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2009, 07:54:38 »
I'm a hunt and stomp man myself... our lotties back onto the houses and I once got to 500, before I stopped counting...  :-X

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal