Author Topic: how tidy is your..?  (Read 3194 times)

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
how tidy is your..?
« on: June 29, 2004, 13:51:56 »
shed?

Mine is always such a mess. Occassionally, when he's got nothing else to do, I set hubby to work at sorting things out. He tidies up beautifully and leaves me with so much room. But then of course, space soon gets filled and I end up being unable to go in the blooming thing again!

No matter how hard I try, I just cannot keep it tidy. (actually I don't think I try particularly hard!)

how's yours?
gone to pot :D

Ceri

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re:how tidy is your..?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 14:00:15 »
oh mine too - possibly because it doesn't matter how many lovely shelves and pegs etc. I put up, when the rain starts everything, garden tools, lawnmower, kids outdoor toys etc. just gets shoved in, and then back out again when the sun comes out.  Also loads of work stuff keeps finding its way in there - so sometimes I have a shed full of stihl saws and cable ties (mind you, cable ties are so so useful, I've used most of them in the lottie or garden so that'll teach him!)  As ever - next year I promise myself I'll be better

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 14:08:37 »
My shed is sometimes tidy but most of the time a mess. My husband and I seem to be having this silent war. My shed is where I store all my soap making stuff and a few gardening tools and bits and bobs. I believe the rest (kids garden toys, prams, bicycles, lawnmower, garden chairs etc) should live in the garage. But, obviously my husband has other ideas because when I have a clear out of my shed and leave all this stuff in his garage, it's only a matter of days before it all miraculously retuns to my shed. Too much stuff and not a big enough shed I think.
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2004, 14:44:57 »
Keep threatening to tidy mine up so the teenager can move in! (think I would need a skip to do it though! :o )
Ours is full of all the usual shed stuff, plus anything else you would put in a garage as we don't have one! So paint pots that we will never use again, decorating stuff, demijons etc etc!
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Tenuse

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2004, 16:25:02 »
My shed is very tidy, as I don't have one yet!

Ten x
Young, dumb and full of come hither looks.

tig

• Half Acre
  • .....HI.....
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2004, 21:08:03 »
afraid im one of those people that has to keep it tidy
(a place for everything and everything in its place)
im lucky enough to have a few different sized sheds
at my folks place that i have the use of, and its probably only fair to keep them tidy i suppose ::) ;D

Steven

• Quarter Acre
  • Heaven or hell..?
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2004, 21:39:46 »
Tidy shed?

I have to fight my way in to find things.Trouble is,i need a much larger one so i can arrange everything so its easily accesable.I dont like having to dig my way through,but do have a small seperate one for spades,forks,chemicals,paints etc so all is not lost  ;D

Another one of them "tommorrow jobs"!
Talk to the elbow-its got a point

feet of clay

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2004, 21:58:23 »
Got two sheds and chuff all room! I save bits of wood, bits of contiboard, bits of this, bits of that and then I go and spoil it by shoving so much in the shed that I can hardly reach a thing.  My son had just shamed me by having a ruthless clear-out of his garage.  Went to the tip with him and was mightily impressed and promised to do the same - trouble is that when the weather's fine it seems a waste to spend the day in the shed and when the weather's bad, I stay indoors and try to catch up with the boring stuff.  One day....

Hot_Potato

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2004, 22:34:50 »
All this talk of sheds!!....I'm soooo envious...not got one - boot of my car has big laundry basket full of allsorts and wellies and bag of compost take up other vital shopping space.... but I do share a shed with one of my smashing neighbours....mind you, there's only room for my one digging fork - tiny little shed and he's got loads of stuff!...I borrow anything of his if I need it and it's not small enough to go in my boot....have recently bought myself a really nice lightweight drag hoe (his was at least 9/10" wide and very heavy, I couldn't manage it)....guess where it is....stuck here in my flat in the hallway - neighbour has recently lost his keys so right now, door remains unlocked and I'm so scared it might get stolen - it cost a lot of money!!....

would love to know how I go about getting started on 'having a shed'.....preparation of ground etc. - the spot where I'd like is is very uneven, on a slope and still covered with carpet as it was when I took it over.....

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2004, 23:07:27 »
Shed and garage are packed with alsorts of really important rubbish!  No sooner have I tidied the shed, than I turn around and see all the stuff piled up outside to go back in and Ava can spend all day tidying up the garage, and when I go out, he will have put 2 things in the bin, and it will look even more packed than it was when he started!  Now, the shed at my allotment is spotless.  My tools are all neatly stacked, bamboos hang from the wall, small things on my shelf.  Perfect!  Could host the party in that shed.  ::)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2004, 06:44:18 »
Having been through 'rationing' for 8 years, I'm not allowed to throw anything away - 'it will come in useful if there's a war!!' = Tim

Granny_Smith

• Half Acre
  • Of course its me - who else could look like this ?
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2004, 07:58:14 »
Dare not even open the door to our shed in case all the rubbish falls on my head !! Even the garage is full - the car stays outside. My gardening tools - well they are kept in the downstairs loo where it's safe.
Granny is still your best friend !

derbex

• Hectare
  • I've come about the reaping
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2004, 09:34:04 »
My gardening tools - well they are kept in the downstairs loo where it's safe.

Sounds painfull  ;D

Peter H

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2004, 12:46:53 »
Got 3 sheds down the allotment, decided to clear one out and it took all day,  the things i thought would come in useful someday:
Noahs plans of the ark? when will i need that!!!!!!!!
An old ball of string that snapped every 1/2 inch !!!!
Methusalas cousin?
I even found a Japanese sniper, so now iv'e got a helper  with the Bonsai ;D .

Wonder what's in the other 2  ;) :-\ .

Peter
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 12:47:27 by Peter H »

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2004, 13:45:47 »
 :'( I don't have a shed! Just the garage which I try to keep as tidy as possible. Oh and a bit of shelving by the back door. We have a small garden so having a shed would take up valuable space. The previous owners had one but took it with them when they moved!!! Wish I had seen that!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Hot_Potato

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2004, 14:24:20 »
Have been given new key for replacement lock on my 'shared shed' today....neighbour has still got to fit lock tho  ;)

Mubgrub

• Half Acre
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2004, 23:35:25 »
I went down to my new allotment yesterday to inspect the slightly slanting shed and found half the previous owners wardrobe, bits of what appeared to be an engine?! And loads of murder mystery paperbacks stuffed in the eaves! :) What can it all mean ??? Who was this person whos plot I have inherited? ;D

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2004, 09:48:03 »
Don't know, but it does sound interesting!!!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2004, 23:43:35 »
Ours is now clean and tidy!  Even gave it a sweep out!  Did manage to fill the car boot with rubbish for the tip.  Now, hopefully, I won't risk life and limb when clambering in for the lawn mower.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal