Author Topic: look what i've found.......FROGS  (Read 1816 times)

dannylewis

• Quarter Acre
    • My allotment
look what i've found.......FROGS
« on: May 16, 2004, 19:09:09 »
Hey there, when i got my allotment plot one side of it was covered in polythene to kill it all off. yesturday (saturday) i decided to pull up the polythene to see how everything is doing, to find something moving! at first i thought it was a mouse, so i pulled back the polythene to find loads of FROGS hopping and jumping about, i was in my element, cathching them and giving them to alex on our plot, because he has a small pond at the back of his shed, argh they are gorgeous.

thought i would tell you anyway
dannylewis

;D ;D ;D
www.freewebs.com/lottieplot:- My website, obviously

ina

• Hectare
    • My Homepage
Re:look what i've found.......FROGS
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 21:27:13 »
Poor froggies, having their nice dark blanket jerked away without warning hahaha. I bet you were jumping around catching them as much as they were jumping around hahaha.

My lottie is bordered by a small canal (in GB you might call it a ditch) and the frogs are sooooooooo noisy at times, I love it. Yesterday I was weeding my beetroot patch by hand, it's near the canal and I noticed that when the sun came from behind a cloud they all started making noise for a while, quiet down and start all over with the passing of the next cloud. I never noticed that before.

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 20:54:57 »
hummm-look what I have found- bloody grass snakes-have eaten all the frogs.  :'(

Stephan

ina

• Hectare
    • My Homepage
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 21:26:33 »
............and when I got to the lottie today, a great big blue heron just flew up and away, we all know what they do with frogs...burp.

philcooper

• Hectare
    • Hampshire Potato Day
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2004, 09:01:21 »
I have slow worms under mine

Phil

dannylewis

• Quarter Acre
    • My allotment
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2004, 19:00:53 »
......and do you know what, they are ever so cute aswell, i am going to build a pond for the poor things, coz my lottie plot is huge.

;D them herons eat the little things,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.nusences >:(
www.freewebs.com/lottieplot:- My website, obviously

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal