Author Topic: Plants for school summer fair  (Read 4035 times)

sarah

• Hectare
Re: Plants for school summer fair
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2007, 21:54:04 »
thats a very good idea, i thinkwe should try that too. this week Em and me  are mainly ignoring the fair cos it was all-getting-a-bit-much.  ;D but we will be back onthe ball next week.  we were also thinking of asking local nurseries to donate plants aswell.   i saw a great idea on the chelsea flower show bbc coverage earlier which was these hanghing basket things made out of empty plastic fizzy drink bottles(the big ones) cut along the middle like a chinese lantern and then a couple of little plants inside like yellow bidens and things. gosh how bad is that for a description ::) ??? ;D.  i have to sow the little bear pumpkins tommorrow and pot on tonnes of cosmos.  What sort of plants are you sowing/growing for your fair Linda?

Linda Tal

• Half Acre
  • Swadlincote, South Derbyshire
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2007, 22:07:50 »
Hi Sarah,

I'm really not sure what I'm going to sow.  As we're off school next week I'll have a good look through the seed tin and see what I've got.  I've had lots of offers for veg and tomatoes but I think they'll be too big by mid July.  

I thought that maybe some folks would have some plants in their garden that they could dig up a bit or split ??? and donate it.

I've made a poster for the staffroom noticeboard, for all the greenfingered members of staff, asking them to see what they've got in their garden at home that they could donate.

I suppose I shouldn't try and go too mad, as what will we do with them all if they don't all sell  ??? ::) ???

Linda.

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2007, 07:25:15 »
its prbably better to have too much that not enough.  i am sure that any left overs can be given away easily enough to friends or on freecycle. keep us posted wont you and we will too.

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2007, 14:51:44 »
Hi Linda, glad to hear from someone else doing this. I think we must be slightly unhinged actually. Or gluttons for punishment!
I've got loads of chillies, peppers and toms. I've been rooting mint cuttings and a few fuschias too. I ahve also sown some stocks and rudbeckia, some for me and some for the fair. Hopefully we'll have some veg to sell too.  :-X Hopefully that is!!
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal