Author Topic: Picture Test (yes another one!)  (Read 2488 times)

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
Picture Test (yes another one!)
« on: May 10, 2004, 10:21:23 »

Testing another source of linking photos to A4all.

This one came from a yahoo group.

I hope it works  :-\

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
Re:Picture Test (yes another one!)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 12:54:09 »
Yahoo & geocities don't allow direct linking to pictures. I think MSN does, though
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

Muddy_Boots

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 18:47:54 »
Only a few see your jonquils Richard and I am not one of them  :D
Muddy Boots

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 21:13:40 »
Strange, i logged out completely from Yahoo, but could still see the picture, yet you say you cant see the picture?

Perhaps I have a yahoo 'cookie' on the system that still lets me see it even if I am not logged into yahoo?

Otherwise i dont get it  :-\

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2004, 23:04:48 »
I see nufink!  Why don't you use the MSN site Aqui set up, tis easy peasy lemon squeezie!

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2004, 16:11:30 »
Err, EJ I HAVE tried the Msn group Aqui set up. Did you not see my album on there ? ;)

I was just trying other alternatives as my first post in this thread indicated :)

If yahoo had worked I was thinking of setting up a group just for my pics - no sharing of webspace. However this idea appears now to be out the window. :(

I have recently taken some new pics of my garden. When I get the time I will up load them to either MSN or Photobucket (or both) so that you all can see them  :)

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2004, 16:15:38 »
Richard - I could see it when you had it in my MSN thing. Can't see it now, though. bizarro.
gone to pot :D

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2004, 18:21:56 »
Just a note on the MSN group for A4all.  You realise that we omly seem to have 3MB od storage space for our photos, dont you.

We are currently running at 0.2MB.

Bit restrictive I think. Yahoo groups offer more yet dont seem to alow direct linking. Shame  :(

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2004, 23:00:26 »
Errrr Richard, tis 3 megs per member, not as a whole, and I have pics of other msn sites and still have buckets of room left. Also, yes, of course I saw your album, but you haven't added anything to it since the 20th April, so just curious as to why you keep bashing at yahoo to show your photos.  Oh well, resolved now.  A very neat little garden Richard.  

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2004, 10:07:02 »
Oh sorry EJ, I stand corrected  ;).  Not being familiar with MSN groups I just assumed the figure was the whole group's not just one member.

Still you get loads more on HPphoto, and even though you cant direct post pictures to A4all any more you can still post a link to albums in Hpphoto (as i have done - see 'Richardf's garden in May' thread  ;D).  That said I shall post a few more pictures to MSN if you wish as I have some more up to date pictures now taken (I may have mentioned this before ? :-\)

'Little Garden'? Hardly little, though not on the scale of Eric or Hugh's gardens. 100' long by 30' wide (' means feet to those who dont know. Sorry only know the size in 'old money'  ;D).
Photographs dont realy do justice to the size of the garden sometimes.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal