Author Topic: Greenhouse shading (green netting)  (Read 2838 times)

Taraven

• Not So New ...
Greenhouse shading (green netting)
« on: April 28, 2006, 17:36:25 »
Has anyone seen any rolls of this for sale anywhere at a reasonable price?  Lots of places seem to sell it by the mtr. but I'm sure I've seen if for sale 'on the roll' before.
I desperately need to buy some, my poor little seedlings are baking in the greenhouse.
Any pointers as to who might sell it by the roll will be much appreciated, both by me and my plants :)
Thanks guys!

Taraven

Palustris

• Hectare
Re: Greenhouse shading (green netting)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 17:45:50 »
We bought all ours from LBS Plastics in Trawden near Nelson in Lancs. They have a factory shop where they sell off cuts at very much reduced prices.
Gardening is the great leveller.

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 19:00:47 »
Depends where you are, the wonderful garden centre in Downham Market sells it by the roll :)

Spookyville

• Acre
  • Freezing in West Yorshire...
    • downtheplot
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 22:52:40 »
We bought all ours from LBS Plastics in Trawden near Nelson in Lancs. They have a factory shop where they sell off cuts at very much reduced prices.

can you provide any more information, exact address and also what sort of prices? Might pop across and have a look - only 20 miles form us..

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 08:59:53 »
LBS Wed site is lbs-horticulture.co.uk. Their address is Standroyd Mill Cottontree Colne Lancs. BB8 7BW. If you put the post code in Multimap or the AA Route Finder it will give you a set of directions from your locality. Not sure if the shop is open all day today.  Trade counter is definitely shut on Saturday afternoons and Bank Holidays. Prices vary in that what they sell in the shop is off-cuts from rolls and I suppose it depends how big and useful the pieces are. They do sell a lot of other useful things too. Labels are cheapest there to anywhere (if you buy a box of 1,000 that is!)
Gardening is the great leveller.

Taraven

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 14:35:22 »
Thanks for all your replies everyone.  Lancashire and Downham Market are a little bit too far for me to travel (unfortunately :'( would have loved to get my hands on some of those off-cuts).  I did manage to buy 2 rolls at the Harrogate flower show, at £8 a roll I wish I'd bought more now.  This morning I bought another 10mtrs @ £1.99 a mtr. from a local garden centre.  It may be a bit expensive but it is a lot easier (to me) than painting on special preperations and cleaning it off again in Winter.
The greenhouse is nicely shaded now and my plants are no longer sizzling in the heat.

Taraven

Spookyville

• Acre
  • Freezing in West Yorshire...
    • downtheplot
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 15:11:34 »
LBS Wed site is lbs-horticulture.co.uk. Their address is Standroyd Mill Cottontree Colne Lancs. BB8 7BW. If you put the post code in Multimap or the AA Route Finder it will give you a set of directions from your locality. Not sure if the shop is open all day today.  Trade counter is definitely shut on Saturday afternoons and Bank Holidays. Prices vary in that what they sell in the shop is off-cuts from rolls and I suppose it depends how big and useful the pieces are. They do sell a lot of other useful things too. Labels are cheapest there to anywhere (if you buy a box of 1,000 that is!)

thanks for the info - added a visit to them onto my to do list

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal