Author Topic: Trellises  (Read 1978 times)

Yellow Petals

Trellises
« on: May 31, 2005, 20:58:59 »
We have decided to completely re-do our front garden.

Instead of grass, we're paving (with a small shaped area of grass in the middle) and various other super features but....... can I find a trellis that I want to separate the front path/porch from the garden?  Can I eckers like!

Apart from the obvious places such as B&Q, Homebase yadda yadda (and Wilkos) can somebody please recommend a place to look for a decent shape/size trellis.

For info, I have looked on Crocus and Gardens4All or GardeningPlanet or something like that lol. 

Also for info, we don't want to pay more than £20 for it, seeing as the size we want
should be about 6 x 2 (possibly 3)

I'm after an angled trellis, sloping away from the house as the porch does and it's driving me crazy that I just can't find one!!!!!

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: Trellises
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 22:52:21 »
YP, there are some on ebay.  :-\  Other than that, I am useless!  I am always after trellis for this and that, and am far to cheap (and poor  :'() to buy it.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 22:59:36 »
My OH makes trellis out of roofing lathes

It's dead strong but looks posh  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

Hot_Potato

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 23:30:41 »
Wardy - what a lovely picture - love the flowers in tub - did he make that too?

I'm looking for a flower trough on legs - can't find one of those either  :( H.P.

slugcatcher

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 06:58:21 »
YP
If there is a prison near you see if they have a shop.

Kirkham prison near Blackpool have all sorts of stuff made by the inmates on holiday.
Its cheap but well made Trellis, Bird boxes Planters (on legs)  etc.

Ron
Dont screw up the best things in life cos you dont know who you are, or where you are going !!

wivvles

• Half Acre
  • This week I 'ave mostly been digging...
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 08:29:48 »
Try a local woodyard - they do this sort of stuff at about half the cost of B&Q etc and better quality.  If it's something unusual, they should be able to knock it up for you.  Or do it yourself like Wardy says - it's pretty straightforward if you are willing to spend a bit of time and effort.
Nagaraeba
Mata kono goro ya
Shinobaremu
Ushi to mishi yo zo
Ima wa koishi

NoddyChelsea

• Not So New ...
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 11:40:35 »
"Kirkham prison near Blackpool have all sorts of stuff made by the inmates on holiday."

Gee, if I ever fall foul of the law I hope I end up at Kirkham - holidays indeed!

Btw as a first year allotmenteer I am finding this site and the vast amount of info found within invaluable. Thanks to everybody.

Tony.

Yellow Petals

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2005, 11:15:40 »
Thanks for the replies, all.  Much appreciated.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 11:45:35 »

Really cheap trellis free offcuts from building site or £25 for an 3m x6m concrete reinforcing mesh, if you have to buy it.

you can even make a nice shady are with a cage, and the plants hide it after a while

« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 11:55:38 by heritage »

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2005, 16:56:37 »
that reinforcing stuff looks really good  :)   I have some of it behind my shed.  I shall get it out and start a project  ;D

I came, I saw, I composted

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal