Author Topic: Trellises  (Read 1927 times)

Yellow Petals

Trellises
« on: May 31, 2005, 20:55:56 »
We have decided to completely re-do our front garden.

Instead of grass, we're paving (with a small shaped area of grass in the middle) and various other super features but....... can I find a trellis that I want to separate the front path/porch from the garden?  Can I eckers like!

Apart from the obvious places such as B&Q, Homebase yadda yadda (and Wilkos) can somebody please recommend a place to look for a decent shape/size trellis.

For info, I have looked on Crocus and Gardens4All or GardeningPlanet or something like that lol. 

Also for info, we don't want to pay more than £20 for it, seeing as the size we want
should be about 6 x 2 (possibly 3)

I'm after an angled trellis, sloping away from the house as the porch does and it's driving me crazy that I just can't find one!!!!!

wardy

• Hectare
Re: Trellises
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 23:15:37 »
I've posted somewhere else YP.  Can't quite remember where  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

slugcatcher

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 07:43:23 »
YP
I thought I was going mad. ??? ::) Sun got to the brain etc!!!!
I replied to your thread on this subject and then thought it hadnt got posted. :o

I was just about to redo and then found that it wasnt me. :-\

You have done it twice in two different places, thats one way of getting coverage and making sure you get a replie lol ;D

Ron
Dont screw up the best things in life cos you dont know who you are, or where you are going !!

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 08:59:42 »
I couldn't open the other thread so was pleased to find this one!

Do you have a saw mills near you, we have one that sells sheds etc and has a wonderful range of trellis that they make themselves to any design.

If you get desperate you can make your own out of roofing felt batons - we have some where we just couldn't find the right size.  A friend of ours bought roofing batons and has made each trellis round his fence different - looks good.

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 10:24:17 »
We have about a mile of trellis in this garden. We used it to separate the area in to smaller parts. All of it I made myself from 19mm by 25mm roofing laths bought from our local builders merchant. Now I am no carpenter (look at the scars on my hands for proof!) but I have had little difficulty making various shapes and sizes to fit exactly where and what I wanted. Go for it, for the cost of buying ready made you could probably fence the whole garden!
Gardening is the great leveller.

Muddy_Boots

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 18:54:06 »
Absolutely with Eric here!  Roofing laths and make your own.  You have your own design, exactly suited to what you want to achieve, and you don't have to be brilliant at DIY to do it!  Also, really economical!   ;D
Muddy Boots

Yellow Petals

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2005, 11:14:24 »
Thanks for the replies, all.  Much appreciated.

Eric, any chance you could put up some snaps of those you have made so I can have a peek please?

Sam.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal