Author Topic: Real hot stuff  (Read 2735 times)

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
Real hot stuff
« on: May 12, 2005, 12:35:41 »
chilli "firecracker"

Marianne

• Hectare
Re: Real hot stuff
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 20:36:17 »
Nice close up picture Heldi ! :D
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 22:34:12 »
Thanks Marianne!  I have two firecracker plants. I have had them since sowing them last year. They gave me a few chillis last summer but since just before Christmas they have been prolific. I reckon that is because I moved them into the conservatory which is heated. They are a mixture of red,purple and orange. No purple ones are ripe enough to take a pic of yet.  The plants are beginning to look tired now unfortunately. They've been working hard!

When you bite into one you think "nah it's not that hot". Then you suddenly find the heat turned up. Nice little chillis with a good kick. The plant looks very good with its mixed coulours too.

return of the mac

• Acre
  • I aint sayin she a tattie digger...
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 19:23:07 »
Looking good- might try those next year
I LOVE OP AMPS!

carrot-cruncher

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 21:21:19 »
Heidi

Thanks for the pics.   I've just sown 6 x firecracker for the first ever time.   Can't wait to see what I get (if anything).   I'm hoping they do well 'cos several people at work like really hot chilli & I've said if mine grow I'll let them have a plant each.

Here's hoping.

CC
"Grow you bugger, grow!!"

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2005, 20:52:35 »
Oooo Carrot cruncher... watch out for the really small ones they are very hot! If you let them dry out they get even hotter. I took a bite out of a small one and it brushed my lips....they were on fire for ages!  Mine have produced more fruit (i'm assuming they are fruit) this year than last. Have had to help pollination with a cotton bud.  Good luck and enjoy them in your chilli  :)

Here's a pic of some firecracker's turning purple...and beneath that...a very innocent oregano. It is Oregano Hot 'n' Spicy and it has a wicked kick! Try it,it germinated for me very quickly.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 20:54:20 by Heldi »

Bambi.1

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 16:23:14 »

They look great,is it too late to sow some seeds if l buy a pack this week  ??? or is it best to look for a plant in our local garden centre.

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2005, 13:01:26 »
If you are going to keep them indoors I don't see why you can't sow some seeds now.  You might have to wait until next year before you get any chillis though. Having said that if you've got somewhere nice and warm to keep them and if you help with pollination if you get some flowers they may surprise you. So I would say "go for it!"

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal