Author Topic: Chaffinch  (Read 5170 times)

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
Re: Chaffinch
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2005, 00:17:20 »
We were sitting eating a scone and cup of coffee at the Visitor Centre at Glencoe when the Robin landed and ate crumbs, then the chaffinch, then a Great Tit.  I couldnt believe my luch but was not quick enough to get all 3 together.

I will forgive you Honeybee, but dont do it again  LOL

:P :P :P :P

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2005, 07:44:24 »
I don't mind taking the credit for the pic...its lovely...I wish mine would come out like that Carol...they've all got the shakes...like Honeybee after her wine. ;D ;D
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

Jill

• Hectare
  • S E London
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2005, 10:54:24 »
Oh heck.  Well our cats will be 1 on 4th July and Tig caught his first bird last week.  Brought it in to show me and it was a chaffinch.  He opened his mouth to meouw and say "look what I've brought for you" and it flew into the kitchen.  I've a complete phobia when it comes to birds.  You should have heard the scream (but perhaps you did)!  Ran into kitchen, opened window, ran back into conservatory and cowered in the corner for half an hour.  It must have flown out as there was no sign when I finally plucked up the courage to look around the door.  I was shaking like a leaf for the rest of the day.  "Bloody cats" has become a frequent saying in this house.

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2005, 17:19:52 »
Yep I heard the scream ;D...you want to be careful, the cat will think thats her name..can you imagin having to shout that out every time you want her in? ;)
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

Bambi.1

• Acre
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2005, 16:12:54 »
 :'( l found some peachy coloured feathers under the sweet chestnut tree this week  :'( also saw a couple of Magpies  >:(
don't think l need to say anymore  :'(
We also get some greenfinches on the bird table,they are pretty too.

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2005, 17:39:38 »
You should be able to get that fear treated on the NHS after you have waited on various waiting lists for a couple of years.  Think you should get it treated, you are missing out on an awful lot.

PS - when did you first know you had the fear and what was the trigger?  Was it other people a la bumble bees and wasps?

PPS - should I get my couch out?  ;D
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

portway farm

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2005, 18:19:51 »
We have a baby chaffinch!!!!! My terror of a son thought it fun to chase but I soon stepped in to stop that. We were delighted and then today we have spotted 3 baby thrushes. So my husband is elighted. :)

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2005, 21:38:22 »
I now they are flying rats but it really pees me off when parents allow children to chase the pigeons around in town.  My children would never dream of doing that and did not require me being strict - just the instillation of a sense of deep respect for all things alive and natural.  It's easy when you try - just not enough people do.  Can't see you having much of a problem portway.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2005, 11:28:39 »
i have alot of chaffies in my garden :) :) :) :)
they always feed at the end of the garden so i watch them through a pair of binoculars~it's a wonder the local bobby hasn't paid me a visit-no doubt the neighbors think i'm spying on them :D :D
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal