Author Topic: Whhhooooohhhooooo up at last !!!!!  (Read 3275 times)

gunnerbee

• Hectare
Whhhooooohhhooooo up at last !!!!!
« on: May 26, 2005, 18:13:27 »
my cucumbers!!! sorry, im so excited now, second time lucky, i put them in the dark toilet with the heating on full blast, and they are up, just need the courgettes to follow suit.

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: Whhhooooohhhooooo up at last !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 18:31:40 »
I take it your rather pleased then???  ;) ;)

Isn't it lovely when something goes right for a change?  ;D

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 18:37:11 »
Mine have been up for a couple of weeks; my problems start when I plant things out; the slugs get them. I don't have slug problems otherwise, but that's a killer.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 22:21:36 »
Glad to hear you have offspring  :)  Nurture your little charges carefully and you should be rewarded.  Hope you see your courgettes soon.  Good luck with them.  If no show you'll have to do some more  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 23:23:06 »
great news I have telegraph up lovely but my market more ment to be outdoor are rubbish. Have any of you tried market more please.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005, 06:31:40 »
Trying them this yeare. They've come up fine, that's all I can say at the moment.

chrispea27

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005, 06:54:55 »
yum yum not long to first tastings! ;)
Chris Pea

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 07:53:03 »
Therasa    I think I have Marketmore as well.  Eek.  They have made plants though - albeit a bit small yet but they definitely look goers.  We'll see how they fare outside.  Fingers crossed

Meg

• Acre
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2005, 08:32:47 »
How groovy it is so exciting. Have put my runner beans out and just puting the canes up is great.
Marigold

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2005, 11:42:44 »
What amazes me is that every year is still as exciting as the last 10! ;D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

raisedbedted

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2005, 13:38:59 »
I cant wait to get down the allotment every night this last week.  Stuff I'd given up on and resowed has all come up.

I have Florence fennels everywhere, carrots by the plantation load and enough bindweed to sink a battleship.

In fact I'm going to take a week off work just to spend at the lottie, how sad is that???!
Best laid plans and all that

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2005, 13:52:51 »
Sounds like a perfect week to me! ;D 
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

ina

• Hectare
    • My Homepage
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2005, 14:20:54 »
That's exactly what we did last week, took a week vacation and worked on the lottie every day. Not much sun but after working outside that week, my face was browner then that of a colleague who went to Gran Canaria! Nooooooooo, mine wasn't dirty!
Every year we take the third week of May off for cleaning, sowing and planting on the allotment. Nothing sad about that, I love it.

raisedbedted

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2005, 14:38:52 »
I'm looking more forward to it than if I was going on holiday, especially as I am reasoning that as I'm not paying for a holiday I can buy whatever I want without guilt!

Earlier would have been better as the last few weeks have been manic garden wise, I dont have time for the work thing these days.

Like now for instance!
Best laid plans and all that

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2005, 14:44:27 »
This enthusiasm is so infectious  :)   I feel excited for yous all and glad to hear you're innundated with veggies and all is well with the world  :)
I got my french beans in last night (left lotty at about 9.00 pm and it was perfect weather) Hope slugs have left some for me  ;D      
Doris    I get dead excited every time a seed germinates.  I don't get out much  ;D
Plotofweeds - you are not sad!  I went to library recently for Bob Flowerdoo's organic allotment book and the librarian buttonholed me about allotments and that she'd love one.  Anyway we got talking and she was asking me all about composting.  We were yakking ages and her colleague accused us of being sad.  Sad! Moi  ;D  Well, ok  ;)

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2005, 14:54:44 »
im also accused of being sad and eccentric by some of my friends, cause i have buckets of waste peelings and keep "things" for my allotment, They soon shut their mouths up when they see it growing in all its glory and i pick stuff  and prepare it in front of them to eat for our lunch. Whos sad? not me!!!!

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2005, 15:06:29 »
Me too!  I always have a box of mouldy peelings and tea bags when I go up the plot. It is catching though as my OH now religiously uses the red box and tells me off if I forget  :)

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2005, 15:47:22 »
God help anyone if they chuck peelings in the bin, im straight in there with me bare hands to drag them back out again!!! I emptied 2 massive plastic compost bins from last years peelings and three bunnie poop bins which saved me a fortune.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2005, 17:01:16 »
My OH put perennial weeds of dock and dandelion in my compost bin the other day and I was ever so miffed he'd messed up me recipe  ;D   I had put them separate as have no bins spare yet (hurry up with my flamin bins Blackwall) and he just lumped the lot together.  He is under pain on death to put nothing in my manure compost bin  ;D

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2005, 20:04:33 »
I'm hoping to say that tomorrow.

Woops - sorry - will not hijack another thread - will go back to my darkened room with a flannel.

After tomorrow there will be nothing to talk about except gardening.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal