Author Topic: My New Plot  (Read 4918 times)

Diesel

• Half Acre
My New Plot
« on: May 25, 2005, 09:26:29 »
Here is some pics of my new plot in Walsall.I am a first time plotholder and have had this for about 6 weeks.Looking at other peoples new plots I think I was quite lucky with the general state of it.
Here is a before and after so to speak.

I have potato in the two middle beds,beans in the top bed next to the cold frame (with some tomatoes going in this weekend)
I also have some onions in the small bed at the foreground.
I think that will be all that is going in for the time being, I will probably start working on clearing up and tidying the other beds.
I also have a family of foxes living in the lean to shed next to the main shed.
Here is one of the cubs:

westsussexlottie

• Acre
Re: My New Plot
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 09:42:25 »
You are very lucky - and what a chance to see those cubs close up too!

caz 406

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 09:47:04 »
Good luck with your new plot Diesel. Wherabouts in Walsall are you? My plot is on the Greenfield Road site by the Spring Cottage (Pelsall/Rushall way).
The fox cub is lovely  :)

Diesel

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 10:23:19 »
mines is on the sutton road.
I didn't know there was an allotment at the spring cottage.
I work in Aldridge just past the sailing club so im not too far from your plots by the sounds of it.

lanky lass

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 11:38:32 »
Hi Diesel and welcome. I'm a newbie plot holder too.Only had mine for two weeks. There seems to be loads of things to do and not enough time to do them. Just taking things slow and steady and learning as i go along (complete novice you see). Enjoy yourself. :)
lanky

caz 406

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 11:54:30 »
Know Aldridge well - used to live in Kingshayes Rd. You're v. welcome to come and have a nose at ours any time...bring a mug..and a fork, trowel, spade..  ;D ;D
Where on Sutton Road is yours? - Is it by the Longhorn?

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005, 11:57:27 »
welcome aboard :)
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 16:43:42 »
welcome diesel that is a good size plot u have i am so jealous still waiting for my lottie cant wait

maz

• Acre
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2005, 16:57:27 »
Diesel thats a great plot to inherit.

I cant believe everything was left behind for you. If someone moves off our site the human locusts move in!

I love you cub too. I saw your other pics, you lucky thing.
A friend is someone who thinks you are a good egg,
even though you are slightly cracked.

Diesel

• Half Acre
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2005, 19:07:20 »
yeah i was really lucky.
I phoned about the chance of getting a plot and was told there was none but I could go on the list.
5 mins later the chairman phoned me back and offered me this one.Turned out as he put the phone down the guy who had the plot came to his door and handed his key back.He left me the 2 sheds,the plot in fairly good nick and 3KG of seed potatoes and loads of rasberries.I was well chuffed.£15 for my rent and water and away I went :D
It's a very friendly site and I am getting loads of advice (its a bit like this forum) and a fair few types of seeds from other people there.

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2005, 19:11:03 »
Wow - lucky you!  Have fun  :)

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2005, 22:34:36 »
 ;D What a find well done I'm very pleased for you ;)

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2005, 09:46:47 »
Great looking plot.  Well done you  :)  Those foxes will keep your plot rabbit free too.  Happy gardening  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2005, 14:12:56 »
congrats - you lucked out there.

Word of warning :)

Foxcubs are cute, and you won't get rabbits, but the blinking cubs will dig up seed beds, eat plastic name labels, bounce on netting and generally have fun with all the nice playthings you put out for them!

A lot of plots on my site have large mesh plastic webbing round the edges to keep out the cubs.  I don't - and occasionally have to lump a crater appearing mid-bed.

moonbells

Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

strummer33

• Not So New ...
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2005, 09:32:05 »
as a keeper of chickens and ducks (and I'm gonna try guinea fowl now), that fox is as cute as adolf and saddam - give him and his family both barrels each

clairenpaul

• Half Acre
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2005, 23:44:45 »
Lucky you - paths and fox cubs  :). Better than our patch of weeds! Hope you enjoy it, I'm sure that being able to watch the fox cubs will make up for any damage they cause - I know they are a big problem for those with chickens etc but they are so cute...

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal