Author Topic: My ponds  (Read 6465 times)

Anthony

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: My ponds
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2005, 15:42:16 »
Yes thanks,

I've also seen them in B&Q in fact i did buy some last year but unfortunately they just rotted away without so much as a sprouting stem.  I may have, for want of a better term "thrown them in at the deep end"  My B&Q sell them for approx £5 but they come in the bulb/tubor form (Apologies if terminology is wrong - I'm not particulary green fingered) - I was looking at getting the whole plant, leaves and all!!

Marianne, yes a have a car but never heard of the 82c - Is that a road name?

maz

• Acre
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2005, 16:46:09 »
Tony I made the comment about the 82c. You said you work in Liverpool and thats the bus that goes past B&Q. Doesnt matter really as you have tried the B&Q lillies before and prolly dont want to try them again.

Aww sorry to have confused you. 

You might do better to go snorkelling.  ;) ;D

A friend is someone who thinks you are a good egg,
even though you are slightly cracked.

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
    • my work yes-it really does count as a job.....
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2005, 18:32:10 »
for which you need a 63a..which goes past the station......
for scuba diving-catch the tram from albert dock and for paddling catch the dirigable now leaving hope street...... ;D
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2005, 21:29:32 »
Kitty, do you live in Liverpool too ?  ;) ;D  ;D ;D ;D  :D

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2005, 21:55:49 »
hahahaha!nah! ;D ;D ;D
but we must be kindred spirits-i was borneded in wallasey.....many many moons ago.....lived in lincs for most of my life now... :)
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2005, 22:27:15 »
Im just a plain old Manc Kitty  ;D

Or should i be honest and say Ches-hire  ;D

Got a son at Liverpool Uni though so i am doing the tours now and then  ;)

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2005, 22:28:37 »
you dont look plain or old honneybee!you look like i imagined-son at uni?
you're wearing well luv!
kitty
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2005, 22:31:28 »
See why i love ya ?  ;D  ;D  ;D

Bambi.1

• Acre
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2005, 22:38:29 »

Oh Maz it looks so different from when l saw it last,it looks gorgeous  ;D well done,l can see why you are pleased with it.

RhiBi

• Not So New ...
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2005, 20:41:05 »
It does look really good Maz, you should be proud of it ;D ;D ;D ;D

DolphinGarden

• Acre
  • skip skavenger
    • Facility of the Month, Warrington Cycle Camaign
My ponds
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2005, 23:09:18 »
Hiya Maz,

just wandered in to the Ponds and Stuff thread as I've read all the dirty jokes in the Watershed!!! I haven't seen the before pictures, but I just wanted to say that your courtyard garden with the ponds are beautiful. congrats on all the hard work put in with the assistance of Dibber.

I'd love a little pond or something to house some frogs n toads to help in keeping my slug n snail invasion down. My mrs is Japanese and I'd love some koi too. Her da is from the city of Matsumoto which has one of the top 12 castles in Japan. It's surrounded by a moat that is filled with Koi that are ...if you cut a rugby ball in half...that's their circumferance and they are up to maybe four feet long. they are massive.

I was there one day walking around (grandma's house faces onto the castle, she's 90odd) and there was a trail of school children going by, hand in hand, each with a bright red cap on.  Well, I don't speak Japanese but I know the word for shark (samei) and can point! That was a fun few minutes. The look of initial panick, then realisation that it's only koi!!!

Ciaran

maz

• Acre
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2005, 09:07:23 »
Thank you Ciaran.  :-*

Dibber is fab  :-*  sending me the plants because my pond was very empty and boring looking. Im sure the fish enjoy it more now too as the quality of the water must be improved. Ive heard it said that you need to be very particular about the water for Koi, but I just plopped mine in the pond a few years back and hes fine. He eats what the others eat and hes grown enormous.

I have been working on my little patch for a few years now but somehow this year it all seems to have come together. The basic design has been the same for ages but I just tweek it a little each year. Next week we are laying cobbles on the ground. They are all stacked up and just waiting for the time to come to do them. More pics to follow I think!  ;D

Aww that story of the children is so sweet I can just imagine them.  ;D

Are you English? I have an English neighbour who is married to a Japanese lady. They are fairly new here and I dont know them yet.  Is it you? lol  ;D

* makes note to self..... go and read rude jokes!*

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2005, 09:23:59 »
Maz, I used to get the 86 to Garston to see my grandparents in the 60/70s, you reminded me of it reading your posting.  I haven't been to Liverpool for about 25 years now but will one day as I want to take my children to see where their Grandad came from.  I still miss it and get all nostalgic when I see it on TV, especially when they brought the cup home last week - really took me back!

Kitty I lived in Wallasey for 10 years - some of the best years of my life.  Will go back one day.

Maz, I love your yard and what you have done in it, the ponds are lovely and make it look so tranquil. Lovely to sit out in.  I love your stone frog, he is gorgeous.

maz

• Acre
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2005, 10:06:20 »
I see we have a few 'Honorary Scousers' in here.  ;D

Tulippa I do my supermarket shopping in Garston.

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2005, 10:20:24 »
I used to go to Garston market with my Grandma, I remember it being good for curtain material and my Mum buying loads when we lived in Hampshire when I was very young and taking it home to make curtains.  Sometimes when we visited we were allowed pocket money to spend there too.

We always went to see the steam trains at Allerton station and later the car train which came past every night from Fords.  And to Speke airport to see 'the jet' - think there was only one a day then!

Happy days!  My grandparents have been gone a long time now.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal