Author Topic: Reluctant rhubarb  (Read 3307 times)

DolphinGarden

• Acre
  • skip skavenger
    • Facility of the Month, Warrington Cycle Camaign
Reluctant rhubarb
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2005, 16:45:54 »
Pete Mason,

don't have rhubarb myself, would love to though. Saw AT on GW a few years ago advise cut the stalk so the energy would go the the stalks instead of flowering and (presumably) seeding.

regards,
Ciaran

petemason

• Half Acre
Re: Reluctant rhubarb
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2005, 16:50:48 »
Pete Mason,

don't have rhubarb myself, would love to though. Saw AT on GW a few years ago advise cut the stalk so the energy would go the the stalks instead of flowering and (presumably) seeding.

regards,
Ciaran
Thanks Ciaran, we've had plenty off it so I'll cut the stalk as you suggest. In four years, all I've ever done to it is weed around it. Don't know what size it would be if I took care of it!!
Oldham born, Oldham bred.
Strong inth'arm and thick inth'ead

http://mysticveg.blogspot.com/

undercarriage plan

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2005, 20:10:37 »
Decided it might help if I waterd it?!?! So i put the sprinkler on it for a while and it's shot up!! Feel very thingy-like now.....! Lottie  ;D ;D

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2005, 23:08:05 »
Definately cut off the flowering stem otherwise the poor old plant will stop producing leaves!

I didn't start pulling until quite late, so plan to continue ravaging my crowns until June time, or we are sick to death of it!

A lottie neighbour has a very unusual bubby, thin slender stems and very spike, almost acanthus like leaves.  Curious for sure!  Anyone heard of one that looks like that?  I will have to try and catch up, altho I have only seen her up there twice.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal