Author Topic: Raspberry advice  (Read 1326 times)

ellkebe

• Hectare
Raspberry advice
« on: May 21, 2005, 10:31:07 »
Sorry if this has been asked in the past - I know it can get irritating answering the same questions, but I have done searches on here, google and yahoo - honest  :) - but can't really find an answer.

I've got two raspberry bushes as presents for the allotment- one is Glen Cova and one is Malling Jewel.  GC is fine - all strong green growth at ground level - but MJ is turning purple on several leaves.  I looked up diseases and began to worry that this might be cane blight but none of the pictures that I could find quite match.  I've separated the two plants in case its contagious but don't want to do anything radical to the MJ in case it turns out this is not a problem.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Lily

• Acre
  • When the going gets tough, hide in the allotment.
Re: Raspberry advice
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 20:50:39 »
Try this link below, hope it helps.  It mentions Spur Blight, but the purple only begins to show in august.

http://www.gardenaction.co.uk/fruit_veg_diary/fruit_veg_mini_project_january_2c_raspberry.asp
' A problem shared is a problem halved'

ellkebe

• Hectare
Re: Raspberry advice
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 23:37:55 »
Thanks Lily.  I'd found this link earlier, but wasn't sure then - and still aren't now - because of the reference to the purple showing in August.

I've separated out all the canes in that particular pot in the hope that some are ok.  I don't suppose there's any chance that this type is just naturally purple hued in parts?  Couldn't find any references to that effect, and any images from google were all a healthy green  :(

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal