Author Topic: OUCH!  (Read 2176 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
OUCH!
« on: February 13, 2004, 14:49:23 »
Ouch indeed!  Have spent all morning down on the allotment, and what a fan-blinking-tastic time I have had!  I weeded, where do those stinging nettles come from.... that is why I am ouching so much, my hands are red raw and burning I got stung so much, and I dug... ouch some more as I have a stonking blister right in the middle of my left hand, and I stood back and admired whilst sipping steaming coffee!  Loverly!  Wish my shed was up and at 'em as I was bursting for a pee towards the end of my visit and had no where to go!  I was all alone on arrival, but in no time 2 other 'older' chaps arrived and began working.  I have decided that they work super hard when I am there, can't have a young lady working hard whilst they watch, and as soon as my back is turned, then down tools and have a smoke!  ;D  They are a funny couple of characters and were up to rotovate their plots and chop in all of their green manure.  And there was me thinking they had a major weed problem!  Worked hard, feel knackered, spending this avo in the greenhouse  ;D will be suffering tomorrow, but am I a contented 'ickle thing?  Oh yes!   ;D
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by 1077926400 »

Ragged Robin

• Acre
  • Slugs and snails .....be afraid.... be very afraid
Re: OUCH!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 15:23:06 »
Have a gold star EJ.

Nothing can beat hard work in fresh air can it?

Have mowed the lawn this week and strimmed, having dug the veggie plot last weekend.

Having a tree chopped down in a couple of weeks, so will have new bed to prepare and trellis to build cant wait.
Happy gardening, Robin x

clare

• Quarter Acre
  • If anyone wants me I'll be at my lottie!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 16:23:21 »
Well done E.J!!  I'm really very jealous of you right now... wish I had spent this morning at my lottie, instead of staring at my PC at work.  I'm sure it would have been a much moer productive and rewarding morning.

have to wait till tomorrow afternoon to get to my lottie  :(, unless I pop in on the way home to have a mooch around.

allotment_chick

• Hectare
  • comfrey is cool....
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 17:08:02 »
I'm with you EJ!  I had a great morning:
- shifted around the black plastic so I can clear the site for the shed on No 2 plot
- started levelling off the paths (that has been annoying me for ages, so that's a good job jobbed!),
- had a fan-blooming-tastic, hair singe-ing, stonker of a bonfire (eventully - everything was damp and it took ages to get going - which made it all the more rewarding, I think!)
- started clearing out the old shed (in the company of a MASSIVE spider - eurgh!)  ::)
- found the seaweed meal that I 'lost' two years ago (in the shed, of course - still dry and useable - miracle or what !)  :o
- did a bit more on dismantling the 'compost/spoil heap' in the far corner ... (is it me or is this a compulsory inheritance with every abandoned plot!?)
- weeded the garlic and sweet william
- came home, had some lunch and booked tickets for the Cher farewell concert at Wembley

All in all, a very satisfing day thus far .... and not aching quite so much as I did on Wednesday

Enjoy your potter in the greeny - and then reach for the Radox EJ!  

AC x
Guardian of around 2,950 sq ft of the planet Earth

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal