Author Topic: Sad Decision  (Read 3171 times)

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
Sad Decision
« on: May 19, 2005, 10:05:47 »
I have had to think long and hard about struggling to keep up with my lottie.  I work full time (as a lot here do I know) and have a large garden to maintain.  Now also have aged Ma in law coming to re cooperate after an op and just didn't know how I would fit everything in.  When something pleasurable becomes a chore I do tend to worry about it (stupid I know, but that's me)  So I have made the decision to hand over my allotment.  Luckily our secretary is going to take it over and buy my shed from me so it is going to good hands.  She has also told me that should time allow at a later date to just give her a ring and she will sort some space out for me.  How kind are peeps.    I have given the scaffolding planks to one of the pensioner gardeners he has had his eye on them for a while  ;) (with the promise of some nice fresh french beans as payment)  So all in all its a sad day, but I do feel better without the worry, and can concentrate on all that I have to do.  May even try a bit of mixed planting in the garden too.  Hope that this means that I am not banned from A4A now that I am allotmentless  ???
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

wardy

• Hectare
Re: Sad Decision
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 10:08:07 »
Sad to hear that Mimi  :'( :'(  You can mix plant in your garden.  I do it all the time.  I put veggies in all over the shop.  I do tend to forget them but usually they thrive on the neglect and do well.  Herbs look great in the herbaceous and roses too.  Good luck with everything, specially the ma in law  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 10:11:48 »
Keep that little 'ray of sunshine' coming our way??

Granny_Smith

• Half Acre
  • Of course its me - who else could look like this ?
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 10:29:46 »
Don't leave us Mimi.  Hope all goes well for MIL - was this the lady that broke her leg at your daughter's wedding?

Keep us up to date with your garden.
Granny is still your best friend !

Clayhithe

• Acre
  • Easy does it
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 12:53:18 »
Stay with us,  mimi.
I haven't had an allotment for years.

In fact,  the letter offering us an allotment,  after 5 years waiting,  arrived on the day we moved to the other end of the country.
Good gardening!

John

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 12:57:31 »
Sad for you Mimi  :(  but you have made the right decision.  A lottie is a big responsibility and you do have to be fully committed to it.  Your time will come again though, when things are calmer in your life, and as you say you still have your garden. I am sure you will feel as though a weight has been lifted from your shoulders now that you don't have all that pressure.  We would all miss you, so keep coming back.  :) busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 14:19:37 »
so sad to hear that u have had to give up your lottie but u must do what is best , and u have proberly made the right choice , But u have a garden and u will be able to grow allsorts  i dont have a lottie i still come on here i find peeps are lovely helpfull and very caring lottie or no lottie good luck Mimi

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
    • my work yes-it really does count as a job.....
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2005, 15:20:25 »
ahh...mimi{{{hugs}}}
dont leave us!
i havent got a lottie either-i have no intention of getting one-but i use our garden as one-mixed planting -theres a bit of everything in ours from dahlia to cabbages...from gladdys to beans..so stay with us-everyone needs a bolthole now and again!
best wishes with the garden and the mil!
kitty
x
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

RSJK

• Hectare
  • its great to be on the allotment
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2005, 16:00:50 »
Don't you dare leave us Mimi, you was one of the first person's I spoke to in the chat room when I came on this site and you, along with a few others made me very welcome, please stay and I hope every thing works out well for you .

Love Richard. xx
                                  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Richard       If it's not worth having I will have it

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2005, 17:21:22 »

keep up the garden and we will see you in the massive global world wide allotment

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2005, 17:29:53 »
Well you can always come and scrounge a few veg from us when you are down here. Mind if people without allotments are 'removed' I am in real trouble, not got one and worse still never had one either! We will have to start our own site  'Nonallotments4All'?
Gardening is the great leveller.

maz

• Acre
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2005, 17:32:47 »
Looks like Mimi aint gonna be allowed to go then!  ;D

Mimi we have a lottie but hubby does it. I look after a small backyard. He never comes here . I do. Nuff said!  ;D
A friend is someone who thinks you are a good egg,
even though you are slightly cracked.

BAGGY

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2005, 17:42:36 »
Mimi.  I have a plot and a half so you can 'virtually' borrow some of mine.  Stick around coz I for one like to hear form the likes of the experienced types.  I think you have made the right decision.  I reckon If you were to get a letter saying it was not up to scratch you would probably worry.  Get you priorities right  - folks come first.  (then flowers and veg etc)
xx
Get with the beat Baggy

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2005, 17:42:55 »
:( What a shame Mimi, you don't have to go, you can be tea-lady in the shed ;D and open up the shop two days a week, might even let you run the BBQ's weekends ;D

I would take your secretary's offer of the bit of space if it's going ;)

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
    • my work yes-it really does count as a job.....
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2005, 17:45:44 »
1 sugar in mine-and heavy on the bourbons mimi! ;)
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

Lily

• Acre
  • When the going gets tough, hide in the allotment.
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2005, 19:14:59 »
It's always sad when someone gives up their plot, but I can understand if something becomes a chore then it is the right thing to do at the time. 

I am sure you will come back to it at a later stage in your life.  By then you will be so experienced with your mixed garden planting and it will be nice to hear how you are getting on, perhaps you can give us a few tips from time to time.

Good luck

Lily
' A problem shared is a problem halved'

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2005, 19:17:00 »
That is a shame Mary, but you do have such a nice garden to keep you occupied gardening wise. Have trundled by that plot site and wouldn't touch it with a barge pole - what with all those stones... Perhaps now, if we have a glut of something, you'd like to take some of it off our hands  ;D
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2005, 21:21:01 »
Thank you all so much for your kind words.  I dont know how to thank you all for your support   :-*  :'(  :-*  See you have me blubbing now  :'( I hope to read a bit more about mixed planting and maybe try a few veggies in between all the flowers.  Roy thank you for the offer of being tea lady... I'm shoving in the two rollers underneath my head scarf as I type............just got to master the baggy tights now   ;D  ;)   Be round with me trolley at the weekend.
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

BAGGY

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2005, 19:06:02 »
just got to master the baggy tights now 

You can borrow then anytime !!! ;D ;D ;D
Get with the beat Baggy

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2005, 19:18:04 »
Like a lot of other people I wish you all the best. I don't have a lottie but so enjoy this forum , I have been tolerated whose knowledge on veg (AND  FLOWER GARDEN) is zero imagine how you would be missed :) Kind regards Lorna

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal