Author Topic: When to plant out  (Read 2938 times)

return of the mac

• Acre
  • I aint sayin she a tattie digger...
When to plant out
« on: May 16, 2005, 19:20:44 »
Well when? Remember i am in the north east of scotland so i might be a week or two behind ayeone else- but saying that our weather has been very nice lately ;D
I LOVE OP AMPS!

Diana

• Acre
Re: When to plant out
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 20:53:27 »
It's been glorious hasn't it ;D

We could do with a bit of rain now, but they forecast a bit of snow for the next couple of days - they can keep that!

I'd like to know this too - was thinking of hardening off from this weekend (weather permitting) + planting out the following - if I can get them trough the greenhouse door by then!!!
Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert

DolphinGarden

• Acre
  • skip skavenger
    • Facility of the Month, Warrington Cycle Camaign
When to plant out
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 21:53:10 »
Yeah, if I was you I'd try and put some out this weekend. Have you been leaving them out during the day the last few days to get them used to the elements???

I've had mine out since May 7th, but there has been some stiff north winds over the last few days, and I was worried. I'm in Dublin.
Could do with some rain too, forecast to be bad yesterday morning and much much worse in the afternoon. Never showed up....

regards,

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 08:56:16 »
I planted mine in the borders about 2 weeks ago and they are doing well !  But then I live in the south east and the weather has been warmish although we have lots of rain today  :o ::)

Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

DolphinGarden

• Acre
  • skip skavenger
When to plant out
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 19:48:29 »
You know, I am beginning to suspect this whole slug pellet idea. I put my sunflowers in on May 7th and watered in morning and/or evening. It's been dry and all was well. I bought a kilo of slug pellets yesterday for E4.99 and sprinkled a few around the bases of the plants. I did rain a bit overnight. Today, during the day, while it was sunny, two slugs nearby, and snot trails too. Later on, an empty snail shell. Do the flaming pellets ATTRACT the buggers in order to kill them or is it too much of a coincidence?

It happened a couple of years ago, I sprinkled pellets liberallly around one spot in particular...the next morning, it seemed that every snail in the parish/neighbourhood had been called in over night. It was digusting. Couldn't go in that part of the garden for days!!!Eeewww...

Ciaran

return of the mac

• Acre
  • I aint sayin she a tattie digger...
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 22:28:39 »
Yes slugs and snails are attracted to the pellets in order to eat them- if youve got a standard size plot you can just put them in one unused place- like the boundary of your plot- and that will take care of them all
I LOVE OP AMPS!

DolphinGarden

• Acre
  • skip skavenger
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2005, 01:58:36 »
Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuu

Ciaran

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal