Author Topic: Allotment Open Day  (Read 1974 times)

wardy

• Hectare
Allotment Open Day
« on: May 14, 2005, 10:32:52 »
Went to a meeting last night to organise our lotty open day.  So far we have a compy for best plot, best shed, best newcomer, two judges, barby, teas, cakes, display and sale of produce, raffle, composting workshops, allotment tours. We hope to have a cookery demo using plotty produce which could be fun

Any more ideas will be gratefully received.  I forgot to mention I think we're having best scarecrow compy as well  :)

Anyone else organising one?
I came, I saw, I composted

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
Re: Allotment Open Day
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 14:05:28 »
There is always a Sunflower growing competition Wardy but you have got a lot of great things already listed.  You are lucky to belong to such an outgoing Allotment Society.  Wish we could have something like this at ours but all my ideas were turned down and given a big thumbs down by the committee.  They don't like strangers on site, also it is in the middle of the school holidays so they reckoned no one would come anyway.   :( busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 09:55:53 »
Maybe you need to change the committee. We had some very negative attitudes towards the idea from the old mafia, but they failed to stop it and it's been a great success.

westsussexlottie

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 10:32:07 »
I don't think we have a committee or anything like that  ???

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 12:14:25 »
we don't either westsussexlottie, it is every man/woman for themselves on my site! ;D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal