Author Topic: Juicer  (Read 1880 times)

wardy

• Hectare
Juicer
« on: May 13, 2005, 17:13:20 »
I am interesting in getting a juicer.  Will it be an asset or just another gadget cluttering up my worktop.  Any advice?  My niece loves hers and is always juicing beetroot which incidentally she hates but she loves the juice  :)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 09:48:44 by wardy »
I came, I saw, I composted

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Re: Juicer
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 18:26:08 »
Ours is a 'spin-drier' as an add-on for the Magimix. Works wonderfully.

But - in this house at least - juice drinking is an intermittent fashion.

Unless you all are dedicated, I feel that it might be a clutterance?

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 11:57:35 »
Wardy, I bought a Jack La Lannes pwer juicer a couple of years ago and I have found it really good.  As long as your fruit is organic you can just wash and put things like carrots and apples etc in, without the fiddly peeling.  My favourite energy drink is a combination of apples, carrots and kiwi fruit (which you do peel).  You can even combine the left over pulp into sauces and casseroles.   It does sit on the kitchen work surface permanently, and it is quite bulky if you are short of space, but I can reccomend it.  :) busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Carrie

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 14:13:08 »
hi Wardy

I have a L'equip Pulp ejector juicer - it does exactly what it says - it chucks the pulp out into a separate bin so is easy to clean. I did quite a lot of research before buying one and this is the one that got consistently high marks. I certainly have been very impressed by it Having said that - after about one month of juicing every day - it is now gets much more occasional use (although I did have a nice beetroot carrot and celery concoction this morning) - you have to have work top space to keep it out at all times I think otherwise it will go the way of most kitchen gadgets and never get used.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal